Director, Internal Communications
This role sits on the Corporate Communications team and reports to the VP of Global Communications. We are a small but mighty Corporate Communications team focused on both building and telling stories that resonate with all of our key audiences including press, industry analysts as well as employees.
Internal communications connects employees to a company’s mission, vision and goals using the voice of a shared company culture. While we have a robust communications culture, this will be the first time we have hired a full-time internal communications professional to shepherd and nurture that environment. As a result, this person should really come in with a focus on auditing existing communications efforts and needs to augment and evolve the current plan and processes.
- Drive internal alignment and timely communications around important company updates (i.e. strategy, priorities, acquisitions, organizational changes, etc. )
- Manage the strategy and process of our global All-Hands meeting from agenda setting and picking speakers, to promotion, distribution and logistics. These involve working cross-functionally with our IT department, our Executive staff, and functional leaders to make sure that every Twilion, no matter where they’re located, has access to the information delivered during these meetings
- Contribute to the strategy and drive narrative development and communications assets for our executive team (specifically the CEO) to the company through a variety of channels and touchpoints
- Determine ongoing communications needs and develop strategies and plans to address those
- Collaborate with our Culture and Inclusion team on the varied programs to engage employees across the company
- Drive the strategy, planning and execution around the company’s annual all-employee offsite meeting
- Skilled written and verbal communications
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at one time
- Project management capabilities
- Ability to lead a virtual team and herd the cats when necessary
- Ability to understand the unique Twilion audience and business
- Collaborate effectively both up and down the org chart
- Can see and manage all the details
- Craft and tell a compelling story
- Strategic thinking with the ability to take a hands-on role executing that strategy
- Experienced - 10-12 years of internal and/or executive communications experience
- Event management experience
- Executive communications experience
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top