Director, Industry Marketing
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
We are looking for a strategic, creative, solutions-oriented industries and verticals leader with great critical thinking skills to head up the development of a new program and growth of a new team. This person should be passionate about creating solution packaging, identifying unique value propositions, and driving marketing narratives within a greater GTM organization. This person can’t be afraid to roll up their sleeves—as the foundational hire for this new team, you will need to both define and execute the initial go-to-market while we figure out how to grow the team. The right person will be a natural design thinker—someone who can quickly and thoroughly understand business problems, then design and validate solutions for them. They will help our team engage clients, craft an impactful industry go-to-market strategy, and enable our field organizations.
This role will focus primarily on three major workstreams—industry strategy, industry marketing, and sales enablement—and will interface with many cross-functional leaders, from peers in Marketing to Product to Sales and Biz ops. You’ll be tasked with thinking about a scale program from day 1—over the course of time, you will build a high-performance team of industry marketers.
You’ll drive strategy
- Identify and validate with data and well-executed research key market segments to pursue
- Design and operationalize Twilio vertical use case packaging, pricing, and additional add ons appropriate for the vertical
- Be responsible for go-to-market strategy development and execution
- Work with sales and customer advocacy to establish strong executive relationships with our top-tier vertical clients in verticals selected
- Craft strategies with the field organizations and execute them to increase market penetration
- Establish relationships with core industry partners to drive industry penetration
- Develop and own industry-level pipeline and revenue goals
You’ll drive and influence marketing
- Develop and drive the corporate narrative for our vertical approach as well as messages for each individual industry in partnership with Corp Comms and PMM
- Partner within the Marketing organization to create and execute a campaign strategy for verticals including integrated marketing plans and marketing content
- Deliver presentations and demonstrate industry expertise at key industry events and media briefings, as well as at customer meetings
- Create industry thought leadership in the form of white papers, blogs, executive roundtables/events, and social content
- Inform and develop strong alignment with Analyst Relations and Public Relations and Competitive Intelligence positioning
You’ll drive sales enablement
- Work with our sales and enablement organizations to develop industry content and training providing insights into challenges and guidance on approaches and messaging/positioning
- Develop and manage a portfolio of Twilio Industry-specific use cases that illustrates specific business challenges and how they can be solved for with a combination of Twilio solutions
- Provide insight, guidance, and alignment internally to customer-facing teams within the broader Twilio GTM organization
- Create and deliver industry-specific enablement training and assets to maximize Sales’s capabilities as they work with industry-specific organizations
- Consult on critical industry-specific sales deals and recommend deal-specific positioning
Candidates can be located in NYC, SF, or London.
Twilio is transforming the way the largest companies in the world communicate by empowering developers to build any customer experience they can imagine on a scalable, trusted and flexible platform. The product marketing team at Twilio is responsible for defining the next chapter of customer engagement through world-class messaging and positioning, storytelling and customer insights.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Product Marketing team plays an integral role in talking to and listening to customers, to understand their delights, needs and frustrations; and using that to inform the product narrative.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top