Director, HRBP - G&A/M&A
As a strategic partner to our G&A org, you will work to align business objectives with employees and management across functions and in all geographies. You will serve as a consultant to management on Human Resource related issues. At Twilio, this role acts as employee champion and change agent. This position will work cross-functionally and collaboratively to assess, anticipate and solve HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, you will seek to develop integrated solutions that bring out the best in our people while delivering tangible business.
- Understand the organization’s current state, future state, gaps and priorities to support exceeding business goals.
- Provide thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with People Team to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Work with our Business Development team to manage any talent issues with any M&A work
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, performance feedback).
- Partner with HR SMEs and business to design and execute strategy for how we staff, onboard, develop, motivate, and retain Twilions.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit org design, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs.
- Ensure all we do aligns with the Twilio culture, making for an overall great employee experience.
- Minimum 8+ years experience in a high-growth environment, preferably in SaaS or related software industry.
- Working knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills; Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to influence in a demanding and high-performing work environment.
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Ability to effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex global business issues.
- Experienced business partner with strong track record of proactively identifying business risks and proposing recommendations to mitigate.
- Experience working in an environment with international objectives.
- Ability to understand issues domestically and internationally and communicate effectively with clients.
- Flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top