Director, Finance Operations & Data Systems
About the job:
Twilio is growing exponentially and seeking a strong finance data leader to join us as a Director of Finance Operations & Data Systems, serving as the lead on the finance team for all corporate KPIs and data systems needs. This role will be the key liaison between our Finance and Business Intelligence teams, and will help ensure corporate KPI reporting is consistent across key business teams and as well as built to scale in partnership with our Business Intelligence team. This role will be primarily responsible for identifying the most important corporate level KPIs for Board and Executive reporting and ensuring our data flows are set up to enable accuracy, scalability and visibility appropriate for timely corporate insights and decision-making.
This role will partner cross-functionally with sales, marketing and product management to drive alignment, coordination and prioritization of key metrics. We are seeking candidates that would be excited to help us further refine the link between our underlying operational data flows and our overall financial results. You will work closely with business decision-makers, business intelligence teams and enterprise business application administrators to bring our reporting and analytics capabilities to the next level. Twilio is a company built by developers for developers. You must not only have the professional expertise to understand your team’s business terminology and reporting needs, but also the technical acumen to translate that into data reporting workflows.
- Identify the highest level corporate key metrics required for quarterly/annual KPI reporting and ensure end-to- end workflows are in place to enable consistent reporting of key metrics for reliable and timely business decision-making.
- Drive alignment of key metric data definitions across business units including categories such as customer type; product family groupings; sales territories and sales tax geographies.
- Recommend operational changes, in partnership with our Business Intelligence team and business units, to ensure distributed analyst teams are accessing aligned data sets.
- Drive prioritization of Finance projects in collaboration with the Business Intelligence team. Apply business judgment on how to best utilize data team resources to prioritize business metrics that reconcile to our externally reported financials.
- Project manage the creation of customer/product revenue & margin OLAP cubes, acting as a key liaison between Finance and Business Intelligence on design, core data definitions, self-serve query/ad hoc reporting requirements, software selection, and project oversight and coordination.
- Use your unique insights and facility with corporate key metrics to support special projects on an ad hoc basis to help accelerate Twilio’s overall business.
- 15+ years of extensive experience in financial analysis, financial reporting, data management, ETL or business intelligence workflows.
- Excellent communication and organization skills. Ability to drive project plans, lead cross-functional meetings, set action plans, follow up on timelines, collaborate with the team, with business partners and with executive leadership.
- Strong familiarity with Finance reporting requirements (e.g. close cycles, monthly snapshots, GL and cost centers) and an appreciation for the transformation steps required to make raw data usable for high-performance business reporting.
- Strong domain knowledge of finance and accounting
- Experience generating reports from large data sets and familiarity with data technologies hosted in cloud-based environments, including AWS Redshift.
- Experience with finance systems such as Netsuite, Adapative Planning, Looker, Anaplan and Domo.
- Passionate about data at scale, data modeling and data mining and creating effective solutions for business decision-making.
- Enthusiasm for working in a high profile, fast-paced startup culture. We ship products on a daily basis, with tight schedules, small teams, and a large user base.
- Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You find clever ways around problems, or just plow through them. When you don’t know it, you figure it out. You are a self-starter and you get things done - you are a DOer.
- You are familiar with GAAP and financial reporting requirements.
- You have been a leader in a platform company center of excellence or business intelligence team that has operated at scale and managed both historical and real-time data flows.
- You are familiar with agile software development practices and found creative ways to merge agile practices with the rigor, quality control and audit requirements needed by financial reporting teams.
- Open source. You do it. You dig it.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top