Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Developer Evangelist to help us inspire and equip a network of millions of builders across Southeast Asia. Based in Singapore, this role will serve developer communities in countries across Southeast Asia including Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippeans, Hong Kong.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Developer Relations, APJ this position is critical to Twilios growth across the entire region and to creating relationships that fuel every developer's journey to know, use and love Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a Developer Evangelist who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of participation in developer communities of their programming languages of choice. You:
- Are a web developer and understand the basics of the HTTP request and response cycle
- Have written enough Python, PHP, Node, C# (.NET), Go or Java code to have opinions on the different web frameworks of a specific programming language, or even across multiple programming languages
- Love to teach others and understand that teaching sometimes requires much patience, but are driven by the immense satisfaction of seeing the light bulb go off in your students' heads
- Are endlessly curious about and excited by technology and know that there are usually smarter folks in the room and you're eager to learn from them
- Are you bilingual in one of the regional languages like Mandarin, Cantonese, Bahasa, etc.
We encourage candidates who have served or participated in underrepresented developer communities to apply, as this aligns closely to our values and priorities.
All candidates must have excellent reading comprehension, listening, and writing skills in English.
As a Developer Evangelist, you thrive in situations that involve working directly with developers. Some of your key responsibilities include:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Help us inspire and equip developers to fuel the future of communications.
- BE BOLD: Be an active and authentic participant in the web developer community wherever they gather online and offline. For many of those developers, you will be "the face" of Twilio -- the person they ping when they need help. They will feel like VIPs because they know you. And when someone who works at Twilio needs to talk to developers in the Indian developer community, they'll come to you.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Attend, speak at and sponsor in-person events
- DRAW THE OWL: Create content that breaks down the complex into the understandable while telling stories with code, equipping developers with knowledge of tools and techniques, including but not limited to Twilio, that makes them better at their craft
- DON’T SETTLE: Help create experiences which inspire developers to build amazing things knowing you can rely on the rich 10-year history of this team to help you develop any of these skills that you want to master.
Additionally, you will work closely with regional leaders to document a plan for how to grow Twilio brand awareness and usage across Southeast Asia. You will work with regional field marketing peers to plan and execute in-person and virtual events. You might even find yourself starting new communities in Southeast Asia to serve developers in new ways. In a lot of ways you will be an entrepreneur leading the way for future developer evangelists in your country.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. The Developer Network is the team at Twilio whose mission is to catalyze the network of developers who will build the future of communications. The DevNet is composed of five teams that work closely with one another. Developer Evangelists inspire and equip developers by going to the language-centric and geographic communities where developers gather. Developer Educators challenge and empower developers by crafting world-class docs and training. Twilio Champions encourage and amplify developers by cultivating a core community of Twilio developers. Developer Voices prompt and rally developers by enabling them to get their code on the Twilio blog. Twilio Startups inspire tens of thousands of startup founders, and to help them scale their businesses through our startup focused program. Together, these teams introduce developers to Twilio, help them get their projects shipped, build strong and enduring friendships with them and help them take the spotlight.
Twilio is a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have clear and concrete goals around inclusion and diversity that we believe makes us one of the best places in the world to work, and we do not think we can be a successful business without a diverse set of people in our ranks.
This position will be based in Singapore.
You'll have the option to work from home, or from a beautiful Twilio office. You can enjoy our incredible perks: a free Kindle when you build your Twilio app, monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, bi-weekly All Hands and more.
We believe in serving developers where they are already gathering in real life so you should be comfortable travelling at least 25-50% of your time. We also believe that in order to do this job well, you need a balanced work and home life. We offer generous PTO. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
MEASURABLE SCORECARD: DEVELOPER EVANGELIST
- Technical Competence
- Humility & Empathy
- Hustle & Resilience
- Written Communication
- Story Telling
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.