Developer Evangelism Senior Manager, West Coast and APAC
As a developer evangelist for Twilio, your job is to inspire and equip developers to change the way the world communicates. Our primary vehicle for doing this is service to local, national, and international developer communities. A developer evangelist might be found serving in many different capacities:
- Creating technical content for publication on our blog and other channels to show developers how to implement specific solutions or use new technologies.
- Organizing and volunteering at local, national, and international developer events.
- Speaking and sharing his/her expertise at user groups and conferences.
- Educating and empowering developers, giving technical workshops and brown bags.
- Writing production-quality code and contributing to Twilio's open source helper libraries and other projects.
- Building partnerships with individuals, companies and organizations that serve the same communities we do.
- Connecting and networking with other developers and entrepreneurs to identify how Twilio might help them be even more awesome.
- Gathering and socializing product feedback that will inform engineering, sales, and marketing decision making.
- Supporting our developers wherever they are, on forums, social media, and everywhere in between.
A Twilio developer evangelist should be a software development professional with a track record of delivering web and/or mobile applications. Strong communications skills are also essential to serve in this role. Some specific qualities we are looking for are:
- Leadership and service in developer communities.
- Strong technical writing skills demonstrated via blog posts and other written work.
- Strong and diverse engineering skills - if you were writing code full time, you'd be a great performer. You also have a finger on the pulse of current development technologies across several platforms.
- Social and hustling skills - a lot of great connections and opportunities are discovered simply by getting out and talking to people. This is something you should be able to do well.
- Public speaking experience or aptitude is essential for inspiring developers. A developer evangelist needs to deliver presentations that are effective and respectful of an audience's time and attention.
- Friendly and approachable people do well as the teachers and mentors we're looking for.
- Willingness to travel to anywhere our developer communities live, and stay productive and professional on the road.
- Ability to work irregular hours and some weekends to support hackathons, conferences, user groups, and other developer events.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to act effectively with only high-level direction is also essential.
- Please include a cover letter along with your resume, describing why you believe you'd be a great fit for the team.
- Links to other web sites and resources where we might learn more about you (GitHub, Twitter, Dribbble, Deviant Art portfolio, etc.) are greatly appreciated.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top