As a Developer Educator at Twilio, your job is to challenge and empower Twilio developers to build incredible web and native apps that make communication better. To accomplish this mission, we'll use our skills as developers to create educational resources and technology that help our community get started and get finished with their Twilio applications.
Not every developer can get excited about documentation! But you're different - you understand the importance of great documentation. You're excited to envision and build learning experiences that have never been seen before. You're ready to hone your writing skills to create concise, accurate, and useful content. You want to set a new bar for documentation, and create delightful learning experiences that serve your fellow developers.
About the job:
We are looking for a resourceful technologist who is equal parts software developer and teacher. A diverse skill set and willingness to learn will be essential as you:
- Build the best doc website ever, with rich functionality and content that will serve our community well.
- Author technical content for twilio.com or anywhere else our developers are looking for educational content, in a variety of programming languages and frameworks.
- Manage external contributors as we build out a large library of technical content.
- Write production-ready sample applications that developers could put into service right away.
- Create tests and automation infrastructure to make sure our code samples are always accurate and up to date.
- Contribute to tools and open source projects that will serve our developer community.
You should be a software development professional with a track record of delivering web and/or mobile applications. Strong written communications skills are also essential to serve in this role. Some specific qualities we are looking for are:
- Strong technical writing skills demonstrated via blog posts and other written work.
- Strong engineering skills - this is not just a technical writing position. You will need to ship code to our customers, and that code will need to work well every time.
- Diverse work and educational experience will be an asset - Twilio serves mobile developers, web developers, hardware hackers, and every developer in between. The ability to work in a range of technologies will be highly useful.
- Leadership, mentoring, and service in developer communities is encouraged and valued.
- Patience and empathy to serve developers first and yourself and your interests second. You love to listen and learn as much as you love to teach.
- Willingness to travel on occasion as required to collaborate with the team, or support key programs and objectives.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to act effectively with only high-level direction is also essential.
- Education background in any capacity, professional or peer
- Professional writing experience
- Video/media production experience (built for publication on the web)
- Visual/graphic design experience (working on web or mobile applications)
- Community management (particularly in open source software)
- Please include a cover letter along with your resume, describing why you believe you'd be a great fit for the team. Also, tell us what your favorite developer documentation is, and why you love it.
- Links to other web sites and resources where we might learn more about you (GitHub, Twitter, Dribbble, Deviant Art portfolio, etc.) are greatly appreciated.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
Back to top