Cyber Security Analyst
- Madrid, Spain
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s Security Operations (SecOps) team is responsible for detecting and responding to all security incidents on Twilio’s complex global network. Cyber Security Analysts support this mission by working across the organization to identify and collect useful sources of data, understand security architectures and capabilities, oversee our holistic vulnerability management program, and lead our incident response efforts.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional Cyber Security Analyst who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of monitoring networks on a global scale and documenting security issues. They also have:
- 4+ years in an analyst, IT support, Security Operations Center, preferably at a technology company, and in a PaaS or SaaS environment
- Ability to follow runbooks, troubleshoot technical issues, and recognize and identify patterns
- Linux command line skills, as well as programming or scripting experience
- An ambition to learn and develop new skills in Security
- Commitment to sharing experiences and good security practices with colleagues and the community
- Contributions to free, open-source software projects
- AWS, GCP, or other large cloud platform experience
As a Security Operations Center Analyst, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Conducting daily operations tasks including monitoring logs for anomalous (or malicious activity), investigating alerts, and triaging events. Engaging with cross-functional partners to identify and understand new data sources, tune false positives, and centralize data in aggregation platforms. Assisting internal investigations around employee misconduct and external investigations related to Twilio’s infrastructure and services
- WRITE IT DOWN: Developing inter- and intra-team practices for detection, forensics, and general security
- DON’T SETTLE: Utilize and improve our use of security tools such as: DDoS mitigation, intrusion detection, log aggregation, forensic collection, and WAF products
- DRAW THE OWL: Contributing to the development of our in-house security automation framework
At Twilio, maintaining customer trust is our top priority. Keeping that in mind, doing the right thing when things go wrong requires extraordinary discipline and technical leadership... And that’s where you fit in!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at WeWork c/o Twilio S.L, Paseo de la Castellana 77 in Madrid. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals - lunches and dinner during All Hands, New Hire mingle breakfast, snacks, fresh fruit, frequent events, ergonomic desks, monthly All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Back to top