Customer Account Executive
We are looking for proven Sales Account Executives who are looking to grow their career in the fast-growing cloud communications platform market. You'll be responsible for net new growth within key enterprise and SMB customers at scale with some of the world's hottest startups to optimize their existing Twilio use cases and find new ways for them to leverage communications in their businesses.
About the job:
Account Executives (AE) are responsible for growing Twilio’s existing customers and penetrating and growing strategic customers where we may have an initial use case. While many of the contacts in these accounts have been software engineers and product managers, the AE will need to expand and build new relationships with senior line of business owners and executive stakeholders (CTOs, CIOs, CPO/VP of Product) to understand and uncover new opportunities where Twilio can help solve company’s pains and challenges through communication workflows.
The goal is for Twilio to be a trusted advisor to help companies improve their overall customer engagement experience and meet their business objectives. The ideal candidate has between 3-5 years of account management or solution selling of infrastructure and/or software/technology into Mid Market or Commercial segments at scale or enterprise accounts. Knowledge in telecom, software development, and consulting is a plus.
- Net New Sales and revenue growth responsibility for Twilio's customer portfolio. Territory includes a region of Twilio’s existing accounts, with a named set of accounts. Responsibility for incremental revenue growth and retention, new use case and software adoption, and cross sell of Twilio’s new products.
- Establish thorough understanding of your named account's business strategy and growth plans. Develop, lead and execute Twilio sales strategies aligned to your customer’s communication workflow and business outcomes.
- Strengthen and expand our relationships within these customer accounts, including up-leveling our existing relationships with key C-level sponsors within these customer organizations (CIOs, CTOs, CFOs).
- Establish and expand visibility and on-site Twilio presence at your accounts to build relationships across the company, including regular engagement to provide product roadmap/innovation sessions, support, current issues, and current and future business opportunities.
- Develop and lead Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) with customers, leverage cross functional teams (Twilio Sales Specialists, ISVs, Customer Success Managers (CSMs), Support, Product and Executive leadership) to build and execute account plans and strategies for each target account. These QBRs will include Twilio Sales and Executive management.
- Partner with CSMs to proactively gather, analyze and leverage data on customer changes, industry trends and competitive dynamics to influence how these customers can use Twilio to drive maximum value for their businesses.
- Develop, lead and deliver effective sales strategies to identify, negotiate and close large deals.
- Leverage all sales automation, funnel management and prospecting tools to accurately forecast sales activity and revenue achievement through use of our CRM.
- Proven track record negotiating and closing complex agreements. Experience navigating through multiple decision makers and influencers.
- 3+ years in success selling infrastructure software or platform solutions to SMB at scale or Enterprises.
- Proven track record of verifiable customer revenue expansion and profit maximization in a quota driven business environment.
- Credible, trusted partner with your customers and their executive team.
- Experience with cloud computing business models and enjoy selling to a technical audience and building mutual trust.
- Proficient in Salesforce.com for tracking activity, pipeline and revenue metrics.
- Experience with value-based sales process and capability to build ROI as part of your sales methodology.
- Solution-oriented and consultative approach to selling, ensuring your customers receive value from the products they buy.
- World-class interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effortlessly make complex contractual, technical, and financial details sound simple.
- Ability to listen first and add value to conversations.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects/deals at the same time.
- Strong cross-functional team skills.
- Ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Takes initiative. Creative. Personable. Self-starter. Productive.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top