Corporate Development Associate
Twilio is a rapidly growing leader in the cloud communications software market. We are seeking a Corporate Development Associate / Manager to be a key contributor to the evaluation and execution of inorganic growth opportunities for Twilio globally. This role will assist in all aspects of potential M&A transactions - strategy formation, developing business cases, deal execution, and integration.
About the job:
This role is a critical position that will support Twilio’s inorganic growth efforts throughout the entire M&A lifecycle. This person will be a key contact point for acquisition targets, as well as a cross-functional internal liaison across internal teams at Twilio. This person will help refine Twilio's overall M&A process and strategy, while working closely with the product, engineering, sales / marketing, legal, HR, and finance teams. While the primary focus on the role will be on M&A, the person in this position may also be involved with projects in other strategic initiatives. This individual will be on the Corporate & Global Partnerships team report to our Sr. Director of Corporate Development.
- Help drive inorganic growth initiatives for Twilo globally.
- Assist identifying and qualifying new inorganic growth ideas from internal and external sources.
- End-to-end execution of M&A - assist in all aspects of transactions, including strategy formation, developing business cases, deal execution, and integration.
- Drive deal execution with financial modeling, due diligence, and integration planning.
- Coordinate across functional teams within Twilio.
- Coordinate and serve as a point of contact to external advisors and target company management.
- Provide thoughtful and data-driven recommendations to senior level executives
- Contribute to maintaining and enhancing Corporate Development practices and processes.
- Develop and maintain strong industry and competitive knowledge.
- Assist in other strategic initiatives of the Company.
- 2-5 years in investment banking, corporate development, private equity, venture capital, or management consulting.
- Strong preference for prior experience in technology (software) M&A.
- Strong analytical skills, fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation and broad quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics.
- Passionate about technology and its ability to have a meaningful impact on the world.
- Technical ability to understand software and recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with product managers.
- Technically savvy, experienced with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, devices and mobility.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with an ability to speak effectively to business leaders, executives, product managers and engineers.
- Ability to influence and build relationships with people across all levels and organizations internally and externally.
- Great at execution: results-driven, detail-oriented, organized self-starter.
- Can handle multiple projects and priorities in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Creative, critical and solution-first thinker with client service mentality.
- Team player, pro-active and action oriented, anticipates needs, is assertive, and is highly accountable.
- Fun to work with, excellent at teamwork and cross group collaboration.
- Undergraduate degree from top-rated university, or similar level of experience and skills.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top