Twilio is looking for a Corporate Controller that can be a key leader of financial operations for our rapidly growing company. Reporting directly to the VP, Global Controller, the Corporate Controller will be responsible for providing technical accounting expertise, improvement of financial processes, and development of a high performing accounting team. The Controller must be a hands-on, roll up your sleeves type of leader and should enjoy a fast-paced environment.
- Oversee all corporate accounting functions including: AR, AP, credit & collections, payroll, COGS and financial systems.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and statutory reporting requirements.
- Manage, develop and continue to build a high performing accounting team to scale with Twilio’s rapid growth.
- Develop processes and systems to scale with business growth, including documentation of policies and procedures.
- Manage the monthly & quarterly closes and related reporting.
- Lead the team through quarterly reviews, annual audits.
- Oversee all payroll activities and ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and filings.
- Work closely with the sales team and sales operations to ensure order to cash operations effectively support Twilio’s go to market efforts.
- Work closely with the Director SEC/SOX/Technical Accounting to ensure accurate and timely SEC Reporting and SOX compliance.
- 10+ years progressive experience in Accounting and Finance roles, CPA required
- 3+ years as a Corporate Controller
- Big 4 accounting firm audit experience required
- Experience with a fast-paced, always-on environment
- Experience with multi-currency and international accounting consolidation of financials
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and key principles of application for a wide array of finance and accounting areas
- System savvy with implementation experience; Netsuite experience strongly preferred
- Analytical; high attention to detail, organized with exceptional time-management skills
- Ability to drive projects to completion when starting with unknowns, competing priorities and other challenges
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record of successfully interacting with C-level and Audit Committee
- Experience building cross functional relationship with sales team to support scale and growth
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top