Commercial Account Executive
About the Job
This role is an exciting opportunity for ambitious sales people who enjoys new challenges. You will be responsible for achieving quarterly and annual sales goals by generating new business opportunities using the telephone and any other means of communications technologies. You will build direct relationships with key stakeholders in organisations across various verticals with < 2,500 employees and will work closely with and leverage all of Twilio’s partners to maximize the revenue opportunities in territory. This role is ideal for candidates who are hunters, enjoy selling, are achievement-oriented and believe in performance rewards for exceeding annual sales goals through strong collaboration with customers and internal stakeholders. The ideal candidate is a hands-on Do-er, success-driven, fast-paced, and works well in a diverse team and enjoys a dynamic and changing environment. You will managing a funnel of SQLs from an inbound funnel in addition to hunting for new business through active prospecting, preparing quotations and negotiating terms of agreement with new customers and always be closing. You are familiar with using Salesforce and other sales / marketing tools to prepare pipeline activity and monthly forecast reports, aiming to meet or exceed quarterly and annual targets.
Keep up-to-date knowledge of the industry and continuously feedback new customer requirements to the product and marketing teams. Consistently delight customers by providing them with the best customer experience with Twilio.
- You must have a min three to five years commercial sales experience at a IaaS/Enterprise Cloud companies, Cloud Telecoms or startup environment. If you are a fan of Twilio or a developer community advocate or possess industry knowledge from messaging / voice / IP comms, these are plus points.
- To be successful you will have positive energy, outstanding communication and influencing skills, gravitas, excellent relationship development skills and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Thinks critically and objectively; has excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make quick decisions based on business demands.
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, comfortable with ambiguity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent.
- Passionate about software solutions with prior experience in IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) and cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, VMware etc.) and solving technical problems for customers.
- You must be capable of thriving in competitive markets with determination, grit, and hustle.
- You possess a hunter mentality. You are relentless in achieving sales targets, pursuing goals and solving problems.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills. You are a strong listener and communicator.
- You are highly self motivated and ambitious in achieving goals. Strong team player but still a self-starter. You’re driven: No one needs to push you to excel; it’s just who you are.
- Eager to learn, adapt and perfect your work; you seek out help and put it to good use.
- You hold a BS/BA or experience in a related industry.
- Spoken and written skills in a second language is advantageous.
How to Apply:
- Kindly include a cover letter explaining your interest and how you can make an effective impact and contribution to this role.
- Include a link to an application (or two!) that you’ve built using Twilio (read our blog and user guides to see how easy it is!)
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top