Business Development Representative
Twilio is looking for hungry, ambitious, and talented individuals who have a passion for communications and who want to be a part of a world-class inside sales organization. The BDR team is a critical component of our sales model and presents an outstanding opportunity to hone skills in preparation for an exciting career in software sales. In this role, you will:
- Become a Twilio product expert.
- Learn fundamental sales skills.
- Create great customer experiences.
- Invest in a skill-set that will prepare you for your next role in Sales.
- Be responsible for quickly and efficiently fielding and qualifying interest from our various inbound channels, including: phone, chat, request for contact forms and more.
- Be a go-to person for all customers’ product education needs.
- Identify and qualify high value opportunities for the New Business sales team.
- Ask discovery questions and inspire new use cases where Twilio can solve our customers challenges.
- Help us continuously improve how the team operates through an understanding of our key performance metrics.
- Optimize use of various sales and marketing tools.
- 2+ years experience in sales (preferably 1+ years in a SaaS environment)
- You want to pursue a career in software sales.
- You have a passion for communications technology.
- You have an ability to understand and articulate the Twilio API.
- You are determined, and have grit and hustle. You are relentless in pursuing goals and solving problems.
- You are friendly, enthusiastic, and have professional communication skills.
Ways to stand out:
- Prior experience in consulting, PE/VC or at a growth stage internet/software company.
- Coding ability - include your Twilio app if you’ve built one.
- Leadership experience.
- Awards for doing awesome things.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top