Twilio is seeking a hands-on Billing/On-boarding Analyst to the join the Finance & Administrative team.
About the job:
The Billing/Onboarding Analyst will work within the entire Order to Cash cycle, and focus on day-to-day duties related to customer billing and on-boarding. A successful candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can easily shift between the details and the “big picture."
- Oversee and update customer data within accounting system and billing system.
- Maintain Revenue Team external customer email, responding to customer and other external queries in a timely manner.
- Gather and format large raw data sets to assist with customer billing reporting and queries.
- Participate in month end close, including:
- Managing and tracking recurring billing
- Manage approvals, tracking and application of customer credits
- Analysis of revenue related balance sheet accounts
- Ad hoc customer financial reporting
- Assist and participate in the development and implementation of financial controls and process surrounding revenue and invoicing.
- Onboard customers to Twilio’s internal billing system and Financial ERP system, including:
- Work with sales reps to finalized pricing, create pricing models
- Verify customer contracts per established prices and set up in billing system
- Ensure proper approval is documented for credits, amendments, concessions, etc.
- Work with Sales and Revenue Accountant to assist with resolution to customer billing investigations and disputes
- Participate in external and internal audits, as requested.
- Support Revenue Team in miscellaneous projects as requested.
- 5 years of accounting/finance experience, with 2-3 years of experience in Billings/Revenue.
- B.S. in Accounting/Business Administration or the equivalent.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with NetSuite and Salesforce.com.
- Solid experience working with large volume transactions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Advanced Excel user: able to handle very large “raw” data sets using pivots and advanced functions such as VLOOKUP.
- Experience working with a company’s “home grown” billing system.
- Prior start up, technology company experience.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, ever-changing environment with some ambiguity as well as need for directing energy and thinking outside-the-box.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top