Atlassian (Jira) Administrator
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Atlassian/JIRA administrator to be a key member of the business systems team and contribute in maintaining Twilio’s Atlassian instance and provide support to Twilio users globally.
Twilio is looking for a JIRA administrator with a demonstrated track record of supporting Atlassian or similar software platforms.
- 2+ years’ experience as JIRA Administrator with experience customizing JIRA projects with various schemas, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes required.
- Expert level Atlassian tool administration knowledge on JIRA and Confluence
- Ability to write custom JQL (Jira Query Language)
- Ability to construct custom dashboards using various filter types in JIRA
- Ability to construct Confluence pages and integrate JIRA projects with Confluence pages
- Experience in performing Atlassian installations, migrations, and plugin installation
- Maintaining customizations across versions of JIRA/Confluence
- Excellent understanding of JIRA workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, screens schemes, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in Unix and Linux environment
- Demonstrated experience working with API’s
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and customer service
- Strong analytical skills
- Must have strong work ethic with good time management skills
- Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL Database administration skills a plus
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience working in an Agile environment and team structure
- Bachelor’s degree
As Atlassian/JIRA administrator, you will:
- Configure, maintain and upgrade Atlassian JIRA/Confluence
- Responsible for bug tracking, issue tracking and project management tool
- Support, compile and troubleshoot Atlassian tools
- Design custom JIRA workflows
- Manage various development tools, testing tools and monitoring tools
- Plan, evaluate, deploy, operate and maintain tools to suit the expanding user-base
- Provide training to technical and non-technical teams to use Atlassian tools
- Compile and analyze development and operational bug reports
- Install, Upgrade Atlassian products.
- Troubleshooting and fixing errors common to Applications and Application servers
- Experience developing JIRA dashboards and reporting, including the use of gadgets, widgets
- Experience using/customizing JIRA Macros and JIRA Query Language
- Experience creating and using a wallboard
- Experience using/customizing Confluence macros, add-ons
- On call (24x7 rotation) responsibilities
- Systems Engineering application support (AD in AWS)
- Experience with ServiceNow administration (desired)
The Tech Services team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership and product teams to support company strategy. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing business systems investments that drive inorganic growth and have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top