About the job:
You will work closely with our Associate General Counsel to provide guidance to business teams regarding regulatory requirements, best practices and industry standards applicable to our products. You will also work closely with Associate General Counsel and members of the Security and Product teams to develop and implement compliance programs as well as oversee the day to day operation of those programs.
- Develop a deep understanding of Twilio's business and products and the applicable regulatory requirements and regimes.
- Develop and draft internal policies, playbooks, and other internal guidance documentation to helpbusiness teams comply with regulatory requirements, best practices and industry standards.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to business teams regarding regulatory requirements, best practices and industry standards applicable to products and operations.
- Identify compliance gaps or risk areas and work with team members to develop and implement compliance programs to address them.
- Oversee and operate compliance programs to ensure ongoing accountability.
- Advise and work with the Contracts team as issues relating to regulatory obligations arise in the context of vendor or customer contract negotiations.
- J.D. plus 3-5 years legal experience required.
- Understanding of data privacy and data protection laws, such as HIPAA, GDPR, ePrivacy Directive, CalOPPA.
- Understanding of legal compliance requirements applicable to the communications sector is particularly helpful.
- Must be able to quickly understand and grasp Twilio’s technology.
- Must love technology and enjoy working with engineering and product teams.
- Experience managing cross-functional programs or projects is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively, and provide practical legal advice.
- Sense of humor, ability to work effectively and flexibly in a team environment, and perform tasks independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills, effective communication skills, quick learner, and strong sense of initiative.
- Must be able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive environment.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top