Alliances Account Specialist - APAC
About the job:
Twilio is growing our Alliances team to meet the demand for our new products and partnerships in APAC. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running - assess the market, identify and acquire key partners and alliances and collaborate closely with our Sales, Sales Engineering & Expert Services teams internally to meet the demands of our regional business growth. You will develop and manage regional partnerships, enable Partner Sales teams, foster account level relationships with Twilio’s Sales teams, and discover new opportunities for Twilio’s market expansion and penetration in region. You should build a regional strategic alliance with Systems Integrators (SI) to generate incremental revenue for Twilio.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- You will align closely and build meaningful relationships with key technology influencers across APAC to position Twilio as the global platform of choice when it comes to building communication solutions in the cloud (from contact centers to call tracking to access security and much more - view all Twilio use cases and industries here)
- You are highly motivated and have experience managing senior partnerships with Systems Integrators, Large Consulting firms and other Alliances. Your knowledge and relationships will play an integral as role in supporting the sales team deal strategy when working with Alliances.
- You will be someone who thrives on winning in the market with a track record in revenue attainment from partners and alliances.
- You will be responsible for the YoY revenue growth from our existing partner in Japan and work closely with them to ensure their long term success with Twilio’s platform and products in the Japan market.
- You will be responsible for identifying and signing up new Systems Integrators and Alliance partners in region who will be able to open doors and build a commercial model that helps accelerate revenue attainment for Twilio from enterprises.
- You will help organise product related partner sales training from relevant stakeholders at Twilio for our partners and update our partners on all pre-product release information.
- You are passionate about helping our partners succeed, posses strong analytical thinking, and a genuine desire to make a difference through key relationships.
- You will build a strong relationship with our Alliance partners and feedback potential market opportunities and threats/risks to Twilio.
- Analyse and determine how best to ensure that SI is well-versed and knowledgeable about Twilio’s value propositions and messages.
- Work with SI and Twilio sales teams to create account-specific and regional-specific go-to-market plans and co-sell strategies, and keep the internal teams regularly updated on progress and updates.
- Maintain close monitoring on all agreements with partners and negotiate agreements related to NDAs, Teaming, Reseller, Referral, etc) between the two companies.
- Increase revenue from all Alliance partners. This may include enabling them to originate new business and encouraging them to be more business development ready and resourceful.
- A strong foundation in global partner relationship development and management with a proven track record with working with a large SI;
- Ideally you will have a background at a major enterprise software development company that has sold globally to established and emerging markets or as an Alliance or Partner individual with experience from within a major global Systems Integrator;
- Desire to deliver positive customer experiences by identifying problems and guiding our partners and alliances through complex technical solutions. Analytical mindset to break down large problems and identify possible root causes of issues. You support your proposed solutions with data.
- Excellent reading communication, comprehension, listening, and writing skills (Japanese fluency preferred). You can explain complex technical issues and diplomatically address customer concerns and communicate them back to the team at Twilio HQ.
- Hit the ground running and can adapt quickly to new challenges. You quickly learn and master every aspect of complicated processes and systems.
- A firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem and a functional knowledge of general purpose programming languages.
- Solid understanding of computer networking and programmes.
- Experience working with team members in different geographic locations and timezones and with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Deep experience in the enterprise software business for over 8 years. Solid expertise in mastering a complex technical sales and services' product offering.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong global network. Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Demonstrates strong “roll up your sleeves” mentality and ability to “draw the owl” without guidelines.
- Attendance of programming/coding bootcamps.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top