Accounts Receivable Specialist
About the job:
Twilio is seeking a hands-on Accounts Receivable Specialist to the join the Accounting team. The Accounts Receivable Specialist will work within the entire Order to Cash cycle, and focus on day-to- day duties related to cash application, collections, journal entries and reconciliations. A successful candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can easily shift between the details and the “big picture".
Daily cash application of customer receipts across the following mediums:
● Wire transfers/ACH
● Credit card merchant
Recording all customer related cash receipts in billing system and accounting system daily, ensuring
balances reconcile to the bank and third party systems
Participate in month end close, assisting with A/R collections management and customer relations
Participate in external and internal audits, as requested
Assisting with management of external customer email alias
Support Revenue Team in miscellaneous projects as requested
- 3 years of accounting/finance experience, with 1-2 years of experience in Cash App/AR
- B.S. in Accounting/Business Administration or the equivalent
- Demonstrated problem-solving, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with Netsuite and Salesforce.com
- Solid experience working with large volume transactions
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced excel user: able to handle very large “raw” data sets using pivots and advanced functions such
- Experience working with a company’s “home grown” billing system
- Prior start up, technology company experience
- Knowledge of GAAP revenue recognition
- Ability to work in a dynamic, ever-changing environment with some ambiguity as well as need for directing
energy and thinking outside-the- box
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top