VP, Product Development
- Flexible / Remote
THE JOURNEY TO YOUR DREAM JOB COULD BE JUST A CLICK AWAY…
In 2012, Tuft & Needle (tn.com) revolutionized the mattress space by turning the focus to the customer with always-honest pricing, an insistence on high-quality products, and world-class customer experience. We started our journey with two software engineers and a dream and today we have grown to a team of more than 175 talented people, working each day to bring the world premium sleep products at an honest cost.
Together, we are radically reshaping how we think about sleep, mattresses, and shopping - and we’re just getting started. Want to join us?
We’re looking for a seasoned innovator to lead our growing Tuft & Needle Product Development team. This person will have a passion for design, deep experience in industrial design and product development for physical products, impeccable taste and a desire to push boundaries and develop unique solutions for our growing customer base.
- Lead a talented group of designers, product developers and product managers to build physical products that improve sleep and overall well-being
- Build a best-in-class product development milestone process to accelerate and expand our product offering while strengthening our brand identity
- Manage the execution of all product development and costing activities from ideation to a final manufacturing-ready package
- Champion curiosity and a Socratic approach to design to uncover unique and innovative solutions
- Expand core product lines in mattress, soft goods and hard goods while leaning into adjacent product categories and taking occasional moonshots
- Manage execution of all go-to-market calendar development activities and drive accountability across all phases of development to ensure dates are met
- Support execution of sourcing strategies, identify gaps in our sourcing matrix and partner with sourcing to resolve them
- Collaborate with Category Management on category messaging prioritization and product launches
- Proactively monitor competition and adjacent industries to implement actions that will drive market share growth
- Develop a best-in-class sustainability charter to reduce our environmental impact
- A collaborative leader, leading by example, and encouraging team members to drive scalable processes, innovative solutions, and work backwards from customer needs
- A curious problem-solver with a passion for human-centered design
- 7+ years of product/e-commerce/development experience and a track record of leveraging experience to innovate vs. recycle what’s been done
- A customer-first(and customer-obsessed) attitude who is excited to bring new ideas to the table while also executing on the good ones we already have
- Strong experience building premium quality assortments, growing new businesses and optimizing a supplier matrix
- Proven track record of over-delivering to financial plans and KPIs
- Experience building strong cross-functional relationships with merchandising, design, supply planning and various other teams
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities simultaneously, work independently, and drive projects to completion with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
- Dynamic analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to use creative thinking to solve complex problems
- Passionate about sleep, health and wellness
YOU'LL SLEEP WELL WHEN YOU WORK WITH US
Our people You'll work with some of the most talented, supportive, and savvy individuals out there. We're very proud to work with each other. We're shaking up the mattress industry and delivering an experience for clients they would never expect. And we’re proud of that too!
Our product Each team member receives a great bundle of products for themselves. You will too if you join the team! Your friends and family will also have access to a great product discount.
Our benefits We offer comprehensive health benefits for you, eligible partners and dependents. We have paid maternity & paternity leave, 401k with a match, a generous vacation plan, and so much more.
Tuft & Needle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Your experience is important to us. If you have any questions with your application, please contact our Candidate Experience Team at email@example.com
Back to top