Software Engineer, Operations
- Flexible / Remote
THE JOURNEY TO YOUR DREAM JOB COULD BE JUST A CLICK AWAY…
In 2012, Tuft & Needle (tn.com) revolutionized the mattress space by turning the focus to the customer with always-honest pricing, an insistence on high-quality products, and world-class customer experience. We started our journey with two software engineers and a dream and today we have grown to a team of more than 175 talented people, working each day to bring the world premium sleep products at an honest cost.
Together, we are radically reshaping how we think about sleep, mattresses, and shopping - and we’re just getting started. Want to join us?
We’re looking for a full-stack developer to join our growing engineering team in Phoenix and around the US (most of our team is remote).
You'll ensure our products reach their destination, improve customer experience, and integrate administration systems. You’ll have a seat at the table with the rest of the engineering team on strategic decisions, and help our team envision the future of sleep.
Our stack consists primarily of Ruby on Rails (RSpec, HAML, SCSS), Postgres, and Next.js (React). We leverage quality APIs and tools, deploying onto Heroku and AWS. We’re dedicated to continuous integration and deployment. We have our own platform team that focuses on making your job as easy as possible!
Our company values:
We Listen To Our Customers and To Each Other
We Sprint With Focus
We Shape Our Future
We Win As A Team
We Sleep Well Doing Business Our Way
- Start-to-finish ownership: we each own projects and are responsible for their success. From conception to deployment, we're devoted to building our solutions.
- Meet our users' needs: done > perfect. We launch early and rapidly iterate, balancing quality with delivering value to our users. We focus our development to automate existing processes and save time. We choose new features by whether users are already doing it by hand.
- Ready to scale: we bring our homegrown brand of market disruption to national mattress brands. Our solutions power our company's growth and we're eager to grow more.
- Pragmatism: as we flourish, our philosophy is that it’s important to be pragmatic. We are rarely dogmatic and often creative. We're here to solve problems.
- Welcome change: we’ve grown past our startup years and are still growing fast. We need to stay practical, resourceful, and flexible. What worked before might not work today.
- 5+ years of experience in a tech environment like we described above
- Curiosity and a love for learning
- Phoenix locals are welcome to join us at headquarters, but much of our team is remote including several of our engineering leads.
- Ability to carry projects through to completion
- Supply chain experience is wonderful, but we're happy to teach you
YOU'LL SLEEP WELL WHEN YOU WORK WITH US
Our people You'll work with some of the most talented, supportive, and savvy individuals out there. We're very proud to work with each other. We're shaking up the mattress industry and delivering an experience for clients they would never expect. And we’re proud of that too!
Our product Each team member receives a great bundle of products for themselves. You will too if you join the team! Your friends and family will also have access to a great product discount.
Our benefits We offer comprehensive health benefits for you, eligible partners and dependents. We have paid maternity & paternity leave, 401k with a match, a generous vacation plan, and so much more.
Tuft & Needle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Your experience is important to us. If you have any questions with your application, please contact our Candidate Experience Team at email@example.com
Back to top