Director of Brand Strategy
- Flexible / Remote
THE JOURNEY TO YOUR DREAM JOB COULD BE JUST A CLICK AWAY…
In 2012, Tuft & Needle (tn.com) revolutionized the mattress space by turning the focus to the customer with always-honest pricing, an insistence on high-quality products, and world-class customer experience. We started our journey with two software engineers and a dream and today we have grown to a team of more than 175 talented people, working each day to bring the world premium sleep products at an honest cost.
Together, we are radically reshaping how we think about sleep, mattresses, and shopping - and we’re just getting started. Want to join us?
We’re looking for a creative big thinker to guide the Tuft & Needle brand strategy. Whether its guiding and protecting the brand identity with our retail partners, ensuring our brand is living up to its promise in our own channels, or developing exciting collabs with relevant brand partners, this role is perfect for a digitally native storyteller with experience in brand marketing, strategy, and merchandising.
- Make strategic recommendations on how the brand can come alive in initiatives and programming roadmap developed for specific audiences
- Conduct competitive analysis, develop audience insights for targeted initiatives, and build brand + customer frameworks
- Own how our brand can be applied to existing and future programming with external partners
- Develop creative seed ideas for collab & pop-in experiences based on company strategies, messaging and program objectives
- Redefine what experiential marketing & collabs are and can be in the sleep industry
- Oversee all collab planning estimates and negotiate contracts for project scope, schedule and resource requirements ensuring programs are properly budgeted, estimated and scheduled.
- Lead execution of collabs among cross-functional partners(merchandising, creative, legal, finance, performance marketing) to ensure strategy, awareness, consistent brand identification and the highest quality experience
- Establish effective, influential relationships with teams that can help you be successful including Product, Design, Finance, Legal, Retail and Supply Chain
- 5+ years experience working at a leading consumer brand, with experience in brand strategy, leading integrated launches and developing key partnerships
- Strong business acumen related to consumer-facing businesses and ability to assess impact of decisions on overall business performance
- An uncanny ability to unearth business, consumer, culture, and brand insights that galvanize truly great, impactful work
- Incredible storytelling chops, with the ability to communicate complex ideas into simple yet exciting terms to people at all levels of the organization
- Strong negotiation skills putting together large partnerships
- Comfort with analytical and financial modeling, ability to work with large/complex data sources, and deep understanding of how to link strategy to implementation and financial plans
- Excellent interpersonal skills(articulate communicator and strong listener) in order to manage multiple external partnerships and to coordinate across DTC teams
- Embrace the entrepreneurial spirit, and be willing to take on new challenges and risks
- Experience in vendor management or wholesale distribution a plus
YOU'LL SLEEP WELL WHEN YOU WORK WITH US
Our people You'll work with some of the most talented, supportive, and savvy individuals out there. We're very proud to work with each other. We're shaking up the mattress industry and delivering an experience for clients they would never expect. And we’re proud of that too!
Our product Each team member receives a great bundle of products for themselves. You will too if you join the team! Your friends and family will also have access to a great product discount.
Our benefits We offer comprehensive health benefits for you, eligible partners and dependents. We have paid maternity & paternity leave, 401k with a match, a generous vacation plan, and so much more.
Tuft & Needle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Your experience is important to us. If you have any questions with your application, please contact our Candidate Experience Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top