At TubeMogul, our people are our greatest asset and we are all driven by a core set of values, anchored by the mantra of “Be the Best in the World at One Thing.” We are builders, dreamers, thinkers, designers, and doers. We work hard, we work together and we work towards a common goal. Of course, we also have fun.
We build software - sophisticated, powerful, game-changing software - and we are leading the charge in one of the hottest sectors around: ad technology. Specifically, we build software for brand advertising. Our software is used around the world by the largest brands and agencies to plan, buy, measure, and optimize their video ad campaigns from a single dashboard.
The Technical Writer role will focus on being our wiki information architect and helping to convey and craft the details of our technology to both internal and external parties. We are seeking someone who can take abstract concepts and translate them into easy to understand and well organized documentation. They will have a passion for the written word and sharing information, and understand that the efficacy of documentation is measured by the number of people using it. TubeMogul is in a hyper-growth stage, and this role is a unique opportunity to drive the structure of TubeMogul’s technical information delivery from the ground floor. The Technical Writer will report directly to the Director of Project Management. Close collaboration with the Engineering, Product Management, Project Management, and Learning and Development teams is expected.
- Lead wiki information architecture and execution, including content standardization efforts
- Craft technical documentation for both internal and external consumption
- Be an advocate for recorded information and best practices
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, Project Management, and Learning and Development teams
- Efficiently adapt to change (it happens!)
- Conduct trainings and evaluate competencies of using wiki tools and structuring documentation
- Gather feedback from teams and contribute to documentation evolution and scale
- Be our own personal Babel Fish
- Configure and customize Confluence and other tools for team needs
- 4+ years of software technical writing experience
- Proven abilities in translating complex, technical subjects into clear and concise documentation
- Software start-up project management experience
- Self-starter who is biased towards action to get the job done
- Minimal supervision needed. We are looking for someone to understand the needs of our organization and move forward on a solution
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience with Confluence, JIRA
- Experience with documenting external API’s
- Experience with API documentation tools such as Apiary or Swagger
- Administration experience with Confluence
Compensation and Benefits:
You'll appreciate a competitive compensation package including an equity component and excellent benefits. You'll love a challenging work environment, exceptional colleagues, strong business momentum, clear objectives and the ability to make a difference.
- Generous health, dental, and vision plans
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Employee stock sharing plan
- 401k matching
- Fast growth for rapid career advancement
- Ongoing management training
- Generous time off (including your birthday!)
- Annual team building and offsite events
- Annual hackathon
- BART shuttle service
- Yoga classes
- Organized team sports
- Exercise challenges
- Stocked kitchens
- Dog friendly HQ
- Outdoor patio and BBQ space
- Game room and bar
- Catered lunches
- (Amazing!) seasonal parties
- PUBLIC™ Bikes
TubeMogul is the global leader in software used by brands and agencies to plan, buy and measure their brand advertising. By reducing complexity, improving transparency and leveraging real-time data, our platform enables marketers to gain greater control of their video advertising spend.
TubeMogul is founder-led and we strive to hire people who have a high “Do: Say” ratio - these are the people that excel at TubeMogul. We were recently ranked as the #5 Best Place to Work in the Small/Mid-Sized category by Glassdoor and our core value of ‘Getting Stuff Done’ defines our hard-charging culture where accountability is valued above all else.
TubeMogul was founded in 2007 and is a public company listed on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange under the symbol “TUBE”. We are based in Emeryville, California with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney, Toronto and across the United States.
TubeMogul Platform by the numbers
- Managing $500 million USD of ad spend in 2015
- 40 billion of real time ad auctions per day
- 100 millisecond processing time per bid
- 4,000 CPU cores at data centers
- 1 Petabyte of monthly traffic served
- 2 terabytes of event data per day
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter with your resume explaining why you are an ideal candidate for this role. Please use the link provided to apply. This opportunity is full-time only. No contractors, consultancies or recruiters will be considered
Back to top