Technical Lead, Ad Systems
At TubeMogul, our people are our greatest asset and we are all driven by a core set of values. We are builders, dreamers, thinkers, designers, and doers. We work hard, we work together and we work towards a common goal. Of course, we also have fun.
We build software - sophisticated, powerful, game-changing software - and we are leading the charge in one of the hottest sectors around: ad technology. Specifically, we build software for brand advertising. Our software is used around the world by the largest brands and agencies to plan, buy, measure and optimize their video ad campaigns from a single dashboard.
We are seeking a Technical Lead to help define our next-generation, real-time bidding platform. With over 500,000+ decisions per second, we are building out infrastructure enhancements to focus on availability, performance, and scalability.
Candidates must have solid experience working on large-scale, distributed systems. This will be an opportunity to take a lead on several core projects with considerations on key architectural and design decisions.
- Lead software development projects enhancing our distributed real-time bidding system, the core of TubeMogul’s technology platform
- Collaborate on key architectural decisions and design considerations
- Monitor and plan out core infrastructure enhancements (a.k.a. stay ahead of possible scalability bottlenecks)
- Troubleshoot and resolve system problems and customer issues under very tight service level agreement.
- Work with machine learning team to implement optimizations to increase campaign effectiveness
- Mentor junior developers (i.e. demonstrate good coding practices and helping them architect code smartly)
- Contribute to and promote good software engineering practices across the team
- 7+ years hands-on programming capabilities in Java
- 5+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related engineering field or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work independently
- Strong sense of ownership and track record of quality work
- Exercise good judgment about which tools to use and when to use them
- Extensive Java experience and solid Linux/Unix skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
Compensation and Benefits:
You'll appreciate a competitive compensation package including an equity component and excellent benefits. You'll love a challenging work environment, exceptional colleagues, strong business momentum, clear objectives and the ability to make a difference. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, company events and an extraordinary culture.
TubeMogul is the global leader in software used by brands and agencies to plan, buy and measure their brand advertising. By reducing complexity, improving transparency and leveraging real-time data, our platform enables marketers to gain greater control of their video advertising spend.
TubeMogul is founder-led and we strive to hire people who have a high “Do:Say” ratio - these are the people that excel at TubeMogul. We were recently ranked as the #5 Best Place to Work in the Small/Mid-Sized category by Glassdoor and our core value of ‘Getting Stuff Done’ defines our hard-charging culture where accountability is valued above all else.
TubeMogul was founded in 2007 and is a public company listed on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange under the symbol “TUBE”. We are based in Emeryville, California with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney, Toronto and across the United States.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter with your resume explaining why you are an ideal candidate for this role. Please use the link provided to apply. This opportunity is full-time only. No contractors, consultancies or recruiters will be considered.
Back to top