We are seeking a Systems Engineer to help with the daily operations of TubeMogul's flagship platform. The operations team leverages some of the most cutting edge technology to simplify an otherwise complex environment.
Candidates should have a passion for building infrastructure for high-performance systems. In this role, you will leverage many cutting-edge technologies to solve complex operational tasks. Candidates will at least be familiar with the technologies we are using but may not have had the opportunity to acquire deep experience in previous job settings. However, you should have a true passion for systems engineering that is apparent in your past work.
- Provide Tier 1 network and application support for mission critical 24/7 systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues
- Own and manage incidents from inception through resolution.
- Thorough documentation of incident and problem details in near real-time.
- Ensure SLAs are met for the systems.
- Escalate incidents to SREs (Site Reliability Engineers) as needed.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- 1 to 3 years of experience working in a 24/7 Network Operation Center
- Experience with Database Technology (including MySQL)
- Experience troubleshooting complex applications and databases
- Knowledge of Linux systems and applications (including MySQL, Java, Apache)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on Linux experience (Ubuntu/ Debian)
- Strong follow-through and initiative to stay with issues until they are resolved, along with discipline and tenacity to meet deadlines.
- A positive can-do attitude and the drive and the ability to take yourself, the team, and the product to the corresponding next levels of quality and success on a relentless basis.
- Experience with Amazon AWS (EC2, S3, EBS, EIP)
- At least one of : Python, Perl, Ruby.
- Experience with enterprise class database servers and storage
- Experience with multiple data center environments
Compensation and Benefits:
You'll appreciate a competitive compensation package including an equity component and excellent benefits. You'll love a challenging work environment, exceptional colleagues, strong business momentum, clear objectives and the ability to make a difference. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, company events and an extraordinary culture.
TubeMogul is the global leader in software used by brands and agencies to plan, buy and measure their brand advertising. By reducing complexity, improving transparency and leveraging real-time data, our platform enables marketers to gain greater control of their video advertising spend.
TubeMogul is founder-led and we strive to hire people who have a high “Do:Say” ratio - these are the people that excel at TubeMogul. We were recently ranked as the #5 Best Place to Work in the Small/Mid-Sized category by Glassdoor and our core value of ‘Getting Stuff Done’ defines our hard-charging culture where accountability is valued above all else.
TubeMogul was founded in 2007 and is a public company listed on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange under the symbol “TUBE”. We are based in Emeryville, California with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney, Toronto and across the United States.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter with your resume explaining why you are an ideal candidate for this role. Please use the link provided to apply. This opportunity is full-time only. No contractors, consultancies or recruiters will be considered.
Back to top