Site Reliability Engineer, Cloud Platform
TubeMogul has built the video advertising industry’s best, most trusted software for brand advertising. Our mission is to make video advertising as simple and accountable as paid search, and our efforts are paying off. In July 2014, we took the company public (TUBE) and established ourselves as one of the smartest, most innovative companies in the industry.
But the hard work doesn’t stop there. We are seeking a Senior Cloud Platform Engineer to help with the building and operation of our Real Time Analytics Platform. The operations team leverages some of the most cutting edge technology to simplify an otherwise complex environment.
Candidates should have a passion for building infrastructure at global scale for high-performance low latency distributed applications. In this role, you will leverage open-source cloud frameworks and tools like Openstack, SDN, RabbitMQ, Docker, Kubernetes. Candidates will have experience with the technologies we are using and you know how to build to fail in the datacenter. You should have a true passion for systems engineering that is apparent in your past work and believe in infrastructure as code.
- Build cloud platforms and tools to ease provisioning and scaling of TubeMogul infrastructure
- Manage the cloud platform system and services programmatically via api’s that support all engineering teams
- Monitor system uptime and errors to ensure a high performing and reliable product
- Continuously extend and improve infrastructure components to handle growth in elastic manner
- Investigate failures and offer suggestions for future improvement. Ideally the system is automated and can self-heal.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with "operability" in mind and know how to diagnose the “its slow” problem.
- Build self serviceable monitoring and metrics for developers so they can easily support and troubleshoot their applications
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Minimum 3 years running cloud virtualization platforms like Openstack or Cloudstack in production environments.
- Must have a solid understanding of information technology and information security
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience deploying and supporting distributed applications on Linux.
- Experience in large scale monitoring and alerting tools such as Nagios, Ganglia, Graphite, Statsd, Skyline, Sensu.
- Fluent with Configuration Management Tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- At least one of : Golang, Perl, Python, Ruby
- Real world experience with Git, Gerrit, KVM, TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, LDAP, SSL, SSH, OpenVPN, SQL, IDS, IPS
- Opensource contributor to projects like Openstack, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with Amazon AWS (EC2, S3, EBS, EIP, VPC)
Compensation and Benefits:
You'll appreciate a competitive compensation package including an equity component and excellent benefits. You'll love a challenging work environment, exceptional colleagues, strong business momentum, clear objectives and the ability to make a difference. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, company events and an extraordinary culture.
TubeMogul is the global leader in software used by brands and agencies to plan, buy and measure their brand advertising. By reducing complexity, improving transparency and leveraging real-time data, our platform enables marketers to gain greater control of their video advertising spend.
TubeMogul is founder-led and we strive to hire people who have a high “Do:Say” ratio - these are the people that excel at TubeMogul. We were recently ranked as the #5 Best Place to Work in the Small/Mid-Sized category by Glassdoor and our core value of ‘Getting Stuff Done’ defines our hard-charging culture where accountability is valued above all else.
TubeMogul was founded in 2007 and is a public company listed on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange under the symbol “TUBE”. We are based in Emeryville, California with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney, Toronto and across the United States.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter with your resume explaining why you are an ideal candidate for this role. Please use the link provided to apply. This opportunity is full-time only. No contractors, consultancies or recruiters will be considered.
Back to top