Site Reliability Engineer
At TubeMogul, our people are our greatest asset and we are all driven by a core set of values. We are builders, dreamers, thinkers, designers, and doers. We work hard, we work together and we work towards a common goal. Of course, we also have fun.
We build software - sophisticated, powerful, game-changing software - and we are leading the charge in one of the hottest sectors around: ad technology. Specifically, we build software for brand advertising. Our software is used around the world by the largest brands and agencies to plan, buy, measure and optimize their video ad campaigns from a single dashboard.
We are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to help with the building and operation of our Real Time Analytics Platform. The operations team leverages some of the most cutting edge technology to simplify an otherwise complex environment.
Candidates should have a passion for building infrastructure for high-performance, "Big Data" systems. In this role, you will leverage open-source tools like Zookeeper, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, and Couchbase. Candidates will at least be familiar with the technologies we are using but may not have had the opportunity to acquire deep experience in previous job settings. However, you should have a true passion for systems engineering that is apparent in your past work.
- Build tools to ease provisioning and scaling of TubeMogul Analytics infrastructure
- Monitor and improve service performance and stability
- Continuously extend and improve infrastructure components to handle growth
- Investigate failures and offer suggestions for future improvement
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with "operability" in mind
- Assist our software engineering team to ensure proper monitoring and metrics are being built into the applications before going to production
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Must have a solid understanding of information technology and information security
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience troubleshooting and deploying applications on Linux
- Experience in large scale monitoring and alerting tools such as Nagios, Ganglia, Graphite, Statsd, Skyline, Sensu
- Fluent with Configuration Management Tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- At least one of : Perl, Python, Ruby
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, LDAP, SSL, SSH, OpenVPN, SQL, IDS, IPS
- Java Programming Experience
- Background in building and operating a Real Time Analytics infrastructure based on technology like Kafka, Storm, Hadoop, HBase, Amazon EMR, Couchbase, Aerospike, Vertica.
- Experience with Amazon AWS (EC2, S3, EBS, EIP, VPC)
- Server Virtualization using Eucalyptus, OpenStack or CloudStack
Compensation and Benefits:
You'll appreciate a competitive compensation package including an equity component and excellent benefits. You'll love a challenging work environment, exceptional colleagues, strong business momentum, clear objectives and the ability to make a difference. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, company events and an extraordinary culture.
TubeMogul is the global leader in software used by brands and agencies to plan, buy and measure their brand advertising. By reducing complexity, improving transparency and leveraging real-time data, our platform enables marketers to gain greater control of their video advertising spend.
TubeMogul is founder-led and we strive to hire people who have a high “Do:Say” ratio - these are the people that excel at TubeMogul. We were recently ranked as the #5 Best Place to Work in the Small/Mid-Sized category by Glassdoor and our core value of ‘Getting Stuff Done’ defines our hard-charging culture where accountability is valued above all else.
TubeMogul was founded in 2007 and is a public company listed on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange under the symbol “TUBE”. We are based in Emeryville, California with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney, Toronto and across the United States.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter with your resume explaining why you are an ideal candidate for this role. Please use the link provided to apply. This opportunity is full-time only. No contractors, consultancies or recruiters will be considered.
Back to top