Senior Research Analyst
As a fast growing software company, TubeMogul is transforming the world of advertising. As a senior research analyst, your job will be to produce and market the thought leadership and client insights that will help guide the industry into the future. You will elevate the TubeMogul brand by increasing our understanding of the future of advertising from smartphones to TVs to billboards.
Reporting to the VP of Research, this Senior Research Analyst will lead research on areas of key importance to the company such as programmatic television, cross-screen marketing, marketing measurement, etc. You will be responsible for developing research topics, acquiring internal data and/or managing data vendor relationships, and presenting the narrative and importance of your research. You will work cross-functionally with Marketing to bring your research to market in the form of a white papers, podcasts, webinars, etc. You will also work with key clients on their most complex measurement and insight needs.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for storytelling and analysis. This candidate will have an interest in working with marketing, sales, and product teams to develop research projects. Finally, the ideal candidate will be a quick learner with enthusiasm to create and manage projects from beginning to end.
Key attribute of a Senior Research Analyst at TubeMogul:
- Analytical: capable of managing and interpreting data
- Eloquent: capable of turning analysis into clear and compelling narrative
- Creative: While analysis is data-driven, the creation of content – and all possible extensions – is art
- Organized: The role requires the management of multiple projects, people and deadlines. Organizational skills are a must
- Strategic: Able to align research ideas with TubeMogul goals
- Manage key research projects from ideation to analysis to marketing
- Write whitepaper, podcast and other long-form research content
- Support sales teams with insights on campaign best practices, industry insights, and other relevant topics
- Support key clients and prospects with ad hoc insights and analysis
- Assist the VP of Research in developing research strategy & themes
- Partner with Marketing and Demand Gen to understand the efficacy of research and optimize delivery
- Assist with design of key research deliverables, including doing some of the design work
- Be the subject matter expert for sales on all things related to research and measurement
Required Skills & Experience
- 4-year college degree or equivalent
- 2-4 years of experience in an analytical or data-centric role
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent grasp of basic statistics
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Very good SQL skills
- Strong background in either TV or digital advertising
- Experience generating surveys and working with survey data
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Illustrator a significant plus
- Experience with SAS/STATA/R a plus
- Enthusiasm for crafting data-driven stories
- Interest in translating complex analysis into actionable insights
TubeMogul is an enterprise software company for digital branding. By reducing complexity, improving transparency and leveraging real-time data, our platform enables marketers to gain greater control of their digital video advertising spend and achieve their brand advertising objectives. TubeMogul was incorporated in 2007 and is a public company listed on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange under the symbol “TUBE”. We are based in Emeryville, California with operations in New York, London, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney, Toronto and offices across the United States.
To learn more about TubeMogul and what we're building, check out our Vimeo page: http://vimeo.com/tubemogul
Compensation / Perks:
You will be rewarded for your hard work! You'll appreciate a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and equity. You'll love a challenging work environment; A-player colleagues, momentum, strong leadership and clear objectives and the ability to make a difference.
We look forward to reviewing your resume! This opportunity is for people interested in full-time work only. For more career opportunities, please check out tubemogul.com/jobs.
No contractors, consultancies will be considered. TubeMogul does not pay fees for unsolicited resumes.
Back to top