Lead Software Engineer, Real time Data
We are seeking a Lead Software Engineer to help build out TubeMogul's Big Data team focusing on data streaming and processing efforts that includes a distributed system which makes over 500,000+ decisions per second.
Candidates should have a pragmatic approach to application architecture and a passion for working on high-performance, "Big Data" systems. In the role, you would be working with a Java application stack that leverages open-source and commercial software like Zookeeper, Hadoop, Hive, Apache Kafka, Storm, Couchbase and Vertica.
- Design, build, improve and maintain a high performance and highly scalable data pipeline to collect and process billions of events per day.
- Work with real-time data processing and streaming techniques and workflows
- Monitor and plan out core infrastructure enhancements (a.k.a. stay ahead of possible scalability bottlenecks)
- Contribute to and promote good software engineering practices across the team
- 7+ years or programming experience
- 2+ years of big data experience
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to lead and mentor other engineers
- Strong sense of ownership and track record of quality work
- Can-do attitude and get things done on time and on budget
- Exercise good judgment about which tools to use and when to use them
- Extensive Java experience and solid Linux/Unix skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
You'll appreciate a competitive compensation package including an equity component and excellent benefits. You'll love a challenging work environment, exceptional colleagues, strong business momentum, clear objectives and the ability to make a difference. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, company events and an extraordinary culture.
TubeMogul is the global leader in software used by brands and agencies to plan, buy and measure their brand advertising. By reducing complexity, improving transparency and leveraging real-time data, our platform enables marketers to gain greater control of their video advertising spend.
TubeMogul is founder-led and we strive to hire people who have a high “Do:Say” ratio - these are the people that excel at TubeMogul. We were recently ranked as the #5 Best Place to Work in the Small/Mid-Sized category by Glassdoor and our core value of ‘Getting Stuff Done’ defines our hard-charging culture where accountability is valued above all else.
TubeMogul was founded in 2007 and is a public company listed on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange under the symbol “TUBE”. We are based in Emeryville, California with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney, Toronto and across the United States.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter with your resume explaining why you are an ideal candidate for this role. Please use the link provided to apply. This opportunity is full-time only. No contractors, consultancies or recruiters will be considered.
Back to top