Lead Commercial Attorney
TubeMogul is the global leader in software used by brands and agencies to plan, buy and measure their brand advertising. By reducing complexity, improving transparency and leveraging real-time data, our platform enables marketers to gain greater control of their video advertising spend.
About the Legal Team
The TubeMogul Legal team enables the success and growth of the company by providing strategic counsel on a wide range of legal matters impacting our business. We help assess and manage risk, and allow the business the flexibility to move quickly and respond to dynamic market conditions while protecting the interests of stakeholders.
Being a Lead Commercial Attorney at TubeMogul
We are currently looking for a senior in-house legal executive to take a lead role in support of our sales and business development teams around the world. The lead commercial attorney will impact the success and growth of the company by providing strategic counsel on key commercial transactions and relationships that is aligned with our business goals and by working closely with senior sales and business development executives to support our personnel in the field. Depending on experience and interest, this role may include opportunities to contribute in the areas of privacy and support for our product team. As a key member of TubeMogul’s growing Legal team, you will help develop and communicate policies and strategies for handling legal and commercial matters in creative ways that support our business goals. Your experience and expertise will enable you to build processes that address risk and allow the business the flexibility to move quickly and respond to dynamic market conditions.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements with our platform customers and strategic partners, as well as material vendor agreements.
- Advising TubeMogul leadership on complex commercial transactions and contracting strategies.
- Updating and developing our library of master service agreements and other templates used in the US and other key territories.
- Developing functional understanding of key accounting issues related to our commercial agreements and helping to ensure coordination between our sales and finance organizations regarding contract language.
- Collaborating with other members of the Legal team, business units and cross-functional teams to ensure that the company remains in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Opportunities may also include advising TubeMogul leadership and members of product and technical infrastructure teams on privacy and other evolving regulatory legal issues related to programmatic advertising in the US, Europe and other key territories, handling privacy matters generally, and managing our relationships with industry self-regulatory groups such as the DAA, NAI and eDAA and related internal compliance programs.
- 7+ years of legal experience as a transactional attorney, with at least 2-3 years of that experience in-house at a technology company (preferably in the ad tech, digital media or SaaS sectors).
- Juris Doctor degree.
- Membership in good standing in at least one state bar, preferably California.
- Ability to apply excellent judgment, even in ambiguous situations.
- The ability to work independently while successfully contributing to cross-functional teams.
- Effective relationship building skills and the ability to earn the trust of business partners.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for programmatic brand advertising and a strong desire to work at the cutting edge of this exciting and rapidly evolving space.
Working at TubeMogul
When you work at TubeMogul, you’ll be given the opportunity to do the best work of your life. Surrounded by exceptional colleagues to inspire you, you’ll have endless challenges that will push you, and the autonomy to have a direct impact on a global organization. Not only that, but you will also enjoy a competitive compensation package, equity, and benefits.
How to Apply
Please use the link provided to apply. This opportunity is full-time only. No contractors, consultancies or recruiters will be considered.
Back to top