Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider focused on threat detection and response. We uncover threats that others can’t and respond quicker than others can to protect against the devastating impacts of cyberattacks. We’re a world-class team of cyber consultants, threat hunters and researchers serving clients in 96 countries. At Trustwave, you can learn alongside the best, make a personal impact on a global scale, and solve new challenges every day. Learn more about us at https://www.trustwave.com.
Trustwave (www.trustwave.com) helps businesses fights cybercrime by providing services and technologies that allow them to achieve information security and compliance. This includes secure email and Internet management solutions that integrate content filtering, compliance, secure messaging and archiving, to protect businesses against email and Interest-based threats.
Want more jobs like this?
Get jobs in Auckland, New Zealand delivered to your inbox every week.
You will be responsible for the ongoing design, development, and maintenance of our content analysis products. Working with other team members you will contribute to the continuous improvement of the software solutions, development process and use of the relevant technologies. That will involve producing technical specifications, designing, and implementing robust and performant solutions that are testable, writing unit tests, working with QA team members to guide automated and manual testing where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain our content analysis products and associated dependencies to internal coding standards
- Work with development team members to produce high quality code
- Liaise with members of the QA team during development and testing
- Liaise with our technical support team to resolve customer issues
- Research new technologies to determine their applicability to the product
Key Performance Criteria
- Development according to product release schedules
- Code quality, readability, and maintainability
- Production of technical documentation for internal use
- Computer science qualification, or similar
- Strong knowledge of C++, particularly C++ 11 and above
- Extensive experience using standard libraries
- Experience in C# development (including .NET core)
- Understanding of software design patterns; both object-oriented and functional
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience with concurrency and multithreading
- Ability to work with complex legacy code
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking
- Understanding of SMTP, HTTP, and common Internet protocols
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Boost
- Experience with cloud technologies (Azure preferred)
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience in Microsoft SQL / TSQL programming
- Experience with HTTP, TCP/IP and DNS
- Experience with Active directories, LDAP, Microsoft IIS
- Previous experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with people of varying technical ability
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage tasks, responsibilities and time
- Ability to work as a Team Player, in a cross functional team in an Agile Scrum environment
- Ability to understand the target audience and how the products are used
Formally reporting to the Development Lead, but primarily accountable to fellow Scrum Team members in a flat team structured environment.
In this position you will have the flexibility to work from home or come into the office if you'd like. When you do come in you will be working from a spacious, comfortable and modern office building conveniently located in the Greenlane business district, with easy parking and multiple public transport options. Trustwave’s Auckland office enjoys the benefits of being part of a large multi-national company, while maintaining a collaborative ‘start-up’ type atmosphere owing to a relatively small number of people at this site, operating within an Agile Software Development Framework.
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.