Team Lead, Systems Engineer (Sales)
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
Trustwave, a globally trusted brand for Internet security and compliance, seeks a highly motivated and technically skilled Manager for our Pre-Sales/Systems Engineering team. The successful candidate will lead technical resources throughout the sales process. Core duties include leading, mentoring, developing a team of Engineers who are responsible for proposing, designing, and presenting technical solutions that address a customer’s business and technical requirements.
The Team Lead, Systems Engineering (Sales) will report to the Vice President, Global Systems Engineering, and will work with Account Managers and Solutions Architects to close business and ensure customer satisfaction.
- You will lead, mentor, and develop a team of Engineers as they work with our clients in a pre and post sales capacity.
- Hire/fire, budget plan, time schedule, and utilization planning.
- Proactively and effectively identify customer needs, understand business issues and drivers behind specific request
- Lead the efforts to build and deliver custom presentations and demonstrations to customers and prospects by matching specific client business requirements into effective technical solutions
- Possess the knowledge and expertise of Trustwave solutions & services
- Work closely with Product Marketing and Management teams to stay current on all Trustwave product features and offerings
- Provide input to Product Marketing on client needs and industry trends for product enhancements
- Lead the efforts to prepare RFP responses and deliver technical and sales oriented presentations to customer’s technical staff and senior management
- Maintain high level knowledge of competitive product lines, especially as it relates to technical strengths and weaknesses of the competitor's products
- Provide continuous knowledge transfer to the sales force regarding technical aspects and benefits of Trustwave’s products and services
Education, Experience and Requirements:
- Documented professional expertise in a supervisory or team leadership role
- Significant professional experience in a sales engineering, technical account management or professional services role, focused on supporting sales to Enterprise accounts
- Travel up to 30% to client sites, industry events and trade shows
- Strong communications skills for product demonstrations and presentations to technical, non-technical and reseller audiences
- Excellent written skills for RFP responses, proposals, pricing, and gathering technical requirements
- Ability to understand and solve complex technical challenges
- Self-motivated to follow customer questions to closure
- Ability to drive RFP/RFI response process
- Experience in building and maximizing territory for revenue growth
- Strong knowledge and experience in one or more of the following technical domains:
- Data Security
- Network Security
- Application Security
- Experience with Managed Security Services strongly preferred
- Extensive knowledge in the use and configuration of multiple operating systems
- Knowledge in the use and configuration of relational databases. e.g. MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2, or Sybase ASE)
- Knowledge in the use and configuration of various security countermeasures and industry practices
- Knowledge of other security technologies helpful, e.g. DLP, SIEM, NAC, WAF, NGFW
- Prefer candidates with one of more of the following certifications: CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC, or QSA (Trustwave will pay for and provide bonuses for employees to achieve these certifications as well.)
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or its equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top