Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
This is a temporary assignment to cover a maternity leave scheduled to end December 2020. It will include a full base salary, bonus eligible, and full benefits.
Trustwave products being supported by the TAC include, Web Application Firewall (WAF), Database Security Solutions (DBSS), Secure E-mail Gateway (SEG), Secure Web Gateway (SWG) and Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) as well as 3rd party solutions such as Palo Alto, Splunk, Qradar, Log Rhythm, Carbon Black and Darktrace. In addition to possessing deep technical knowledge, a TAC Engineer interacts extensively with customers and partners using polite professional etiquette.
TAC Engineers perform the following duties:
- Providing level two technical support for Trustwave and 3rdparty products
- Use strong TCP/IP networking skills to perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Use strong Linux and security skills to troubleshoot and diagnose product problems platforms.
- Take responsibility for customer satisfaction and overall success of the Product Support Team
- Respond in a timely manner (within documented SLG) to support Customer issues and Inquiries.
- Document actions in tickets to effectively communicate information internally and to customers.
- Resolve problems independently and understands the correct escalation procedures.
- Reproducing and debugging customer reported problems in a lab environment, as necessary, and working with engineering and test teams to resolve issues;
- Documenting issues in a knowledge-base format for use both internal and external to Trustwave;
- Providing timely feedback into the development process on customer-reported product problems.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Tier 2: Minimum of 2 years in a full-time product support or information security position
- Splunk experience, admin level
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong oral (phone) and written (email) communication skills in English
- Self managed and team oriented
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Highly motivated
- English: Demonstrated Fluency
Must have advanced skills/knowledge in the following:
- Unix / Linux operating system administration
- In-depth understanding of industry standard operating system families including but not limited to, Windows, Linux, Unix, and BSD.
- TCP/IP networking
- Routers and access control device configuration
- In-depth understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, and ARP protocols, and protocol analyzers.
- In-depth understanding of network infrastructure equipment including workgroup and core switches, routers and gateways from various manufacturers. Experience with Enterprise class switches (Cisco, Extreme, Juniper etc..) is a requirement.
- Clear understanding of the software development process and lifecycle including the role of customer support and sustaining product engineering in that process.
- Proven track record for working with an enterprise class customer base.
Additional preferred skills/abilities include:
- Experience Bash Scripting
- Knowledge with additional SIEM technologies, Trustwave, Qradar, or Log Rhythm
- Familiar with databases and SQL Command Line
- HTML, XML, and PERL.
- Crystal Reports
- Experience using network security tools such as firewalls, and IDS systems
- Experience with penetration testing techniques and tools
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top