Systems Engineer (Sales) - Payments Industry
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. More than three million businesses are enrolled in the Trustwave TrustKeeper® cloud platform, through which Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is considered one of the market leaders in managed security services, and recently won Best Managed Security Service at SC Awards 2017. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries.
The Sales Engineer, Payments Industrty (“Sales Engineer”) is responsible for identifying new client revenue opportunities. In addition, the role is responsible for the sales strategy, obtaining the correct support infrastructure to assist the sale as well as delivering the required results.
The sales engineers in the global practice should be technology and solution advisors with pragmatic experience in a particular compliance and security domain. These sales engineers will act in many ways as solution consultants that can speak to the security landscape, architectural models and solutions credibly, and possess the ability to discuss and present to senior members of a client team. The sales engineer needs a depth of knowledge and experience with the payments industry. This may include experience working with payment industry stakeholders like the card brands, the banking sector (e.g. acquiring banks, ISO, VARs), the technology sector and the regulatory and compliance sector (PCI DSS). The sales engineer should also be able to speak to the breadth of the landscape at an introductory level as well. The sales engineer will provide subject matter expertise through delivery of workshops, as a member of pre-sales and consulting engagements, and as leader on solution design and deployment projects. The sales engineer should be versant in solution design methodologies (e.g. Best Practices type of approaches) and have the ability to generate high quality artifacts such as requirements artifacts, high level and detailed designs and deployment plans.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- The ability to lead large groups and be a primary facilitator
- Strong written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model
- Demonstrated ability to convert complex enterprise requirements to a comprehensive security services solution.
- Ability to lead and shape client expectations
- Help drive pursuits and engage in complex deals, matching outcomes to expectations
- Ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams
- Ability to work in a matrix management model
- Comfortable speaking as a subject matter expert on payments industry risk-related challenges (including compliance and security, and online risk, merchant underwriting challenges)
- Payments industry experience with working knowledge on risk management programs, the landscape and how key stakeholders interact, regulatory landscape as well as client go-to-market models.
- Experience in the design and deployment of technology and solutions in at least two of the core domains: Network Security, Endpoint Security, Security Consulting, Incident Response, Threat Detection, and Managed Security solutions.
- An understanding across this breadth of technology domains, understanding the inter-relationships between major components.
- Solid understanding and experience working a structured solution design methodology.
- Participate in sales conference calls and prospect visits, providing product demonstrations in person and via WebEx, and working with prospects at both a technical and bussiness level to show how Trustwave’s security solutions can meet their business needs.
- Possess demonstrable skills in customer-centric selling and a proven track record using it to help drive revenue
- Participate as a technical resource at trade shows and conferences
- Work independently and as a vital member of a sales team
- Work with the sales team to strategize on sales approaches to develop business
- Ensure successful on-site and remote product evaluations (POCs) and post-sale installations when necessary
- 5+ years or equivalent experience in consulting or sales engineering - particularly in the areas of the payments industry including technology, sales, regulation, compliance and risk management
- Strong working knowledge of industry and compliance standards: PCI DSS, PA-DSS
- 3+ years of experience working in a pre-sales capacity related to at least two of the following core domains: Network Security, Endpoint Security, Security Consulting, Incident Response, SIEM, Threat Detection and Managed Security solutions.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner. Set and manage expectations with senior stake-holders and team members
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, including being able to interact with senior executives
- Hands-on technical understanding of incident response, computer forensics, network, endpoint and/or application security
- History of creating rapport with customers, from line technicians to C-level executives
- Ability to explain and demonstrate - live and in color - a complex solution
- Readiness to travel 50-75% annually
- Valid Passport, and ability to travel internationally if required.
- English: Fluent
- Certified PCI QSA, or ability to pass and maintain QSA certification
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent educational or industry experience
- 7+ years of payments industry related experience including the following areas: merchant risk and underwriting, online e-commerce security risk, mobile merchant challenges, payments industry compliance requirements.
- Experience consulting for payments industry stakeholders like the card brands, acquiring banks, independent sales organizations or other payments third parties on topics including risk, security and fraud.
- Experience working on payments industry related integrations (software and hardware).
- Previous technical enablement or training experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the payments industry, including:
- Risks associated with merchant ecosystem including merchant onboarding, ongoing monitoring and other underwriting activities
- Card brand rules and regulations including MasterCard BRAM and Visa GBPP, and other operating rules and compliance mandates
- E-commerce landscape including integration points, checkout experience models, and areas at risk of security compromise
- Knowledge of packet flow/TCP/UDP traffic Firewall technologies, proxy technologies, anti-virus, spam and spyware solutions (Gateway and SaaS)
- Malware/security experience
- Understand and be conversant about Trustwave competitors, their solutions, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Basic knowledge in one or more of the following security and compliance/regulatory standards: CIS, ISO 2700x, HIPAA, GDPR, EU DPD
- Verifiable and current certifications, including CISSP, CISM, C|EH, CISM and/or CISA.
Meet Some of Trustwave's Employees
Vice President of Software Engineering
John oversees the product lines that encompass all of TrustWave’s compliance solutions. He also architects solutions for potential future needs and plans release timelines.
Back to top