Sr. Network Engineer (Contract)
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
Trustwave, a developer of network security products and compliance services, announces a contract opening for a Sr. Network Engineer to work on the Network Team in Chicago. The Network Team is the division of IT that manages all voice and data infrastructure and services. The Sr. Network Engineer reports to the Network Manager.
- Maintain, configure and deploy:
- 20+ network sites, 300+ network nodes and 2600 endpoints
- Cisco IOS network switches and routers.
- Cisco ASA and Check Point firewalls, with an emphasis on third-level support.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network systems, design, configuration, support and processes.
- Design and develop solutions and network requirements based on business unit needs. Make recommendations on investments in network hardware and services.
The ideal candidate has 10+ years of managing WAN and LAN systems. The candidate can demonstrate experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Extensive experience configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting LANs. Particularly at layer 2 and layer 3.
- Extensive experience configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting WANs including configuring BGP with MPLS providers. Routing skills: anti-spoofing and routing.
- Extensive experience implementing and managing firewalls (preference for Cisco and Checkpoint). Must have performed third-level support for these systems. Should be able to quickly understand FW policy.
- Experience with managing SSL remote access VPN solutions (Cisco ASA preferred).
- Extensive experience managing VPN using IPsec and GRE to configure and troubleshoot VPN backup.
- Strong, thorough, in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP a must. Must have experience with IP, TCP, UDP, IPsec, DNS, ARP, HTTP, SSL, among other protocols. Must understand VLSM.
- Experience with network monitoring tools.
- Experience troubleshooting circuit issues with telecom carriers.
- Thorough understanding of Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Working knowledge of VMware VSphere and ESXi (v4.1 and above).
Additional preferred technical skills:
- Cisco certifications including: CCNP, CCSP, CCVP and/or CCIE.
- Experience with configuration control and change monitoring tools.
- Experience with infrastructure wireless networks and systems.
Technologies in use:
- Switches: Cisco Catalyst 3850, Nexus 9372
- Routers: Cisco 4331
- Firewalls: Cisco ASA 5515, 5525
- VPN: Cisco VPN AnyConnect 3.1, OpenVPN
- Data Protocols: BGP, IPsec, GRE, DNS, TACACS+, QoS
- Tools: Solarwinds, Syslog,
- Ability to multi-task. The ability to set priorities when faced with multiple competing priorities, including project work, trouble tickets and maintenance tasks. Ability to deal with shifting priorities.
- Excellent judgment. Ability to determine actual needs vs. stated needs of the business. Ability to work with business units and synthesize infrastructure requirements from application needs.
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to develop relationships with business units and be perceived as a solution partner.
- Good project management skills. The ability to take a large initiative and break it down into sub-tasks and understand dependencies. The ability to manage that plan through to completion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to occasionally work scheduled night/weekend times and to participate in an on-call schedule.
- Familiarity with the security industry is desirable but not required.
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top