Software Engineer (Java)
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
Trustwave, a leader in cloud-based compliance and information security solutions, is seeking a highly talented and motivated Software Engineer with established professional experience to join Trustwave's Big Data Product Engineering team.
- Work in small, agile teams to design, prototype and build new product offerings and enhance existing products and tools
- Collaborate with Product Management to identify, prioritize and document detailed product requirements
- Design, develop and document application and framework code in Java, Flex and other object-oriented programming languages
- Create robust automated unit/functional test suites and deployment scripts
- Work with internal QA team on system, performance and acceptance testing
- Familiarity with building cloud-native applications on different cloud platforms.
- Strong object-oriented design and Java programming skills, including experience with leading open source frameworks such as Spring. Familiarity with Scala/C++ or other object-oriented languages is also acceptable
- Experience in the development of high-speed streaming applications using platforms such as Flink/Spark/Storm/Kafka
- Familiarity with Machine Learning techniques
- Solid relational and non-relational database skills using MySQL/Maria, PostgreSQL, Mongo, etc.
- Real-world experience building very large scale, high availability applications
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop/ElasticSearch/BookKeeper/Ozone
- Ability to work with distributed teams in a dynamic, iterative development process
- Occasional overnight travel to other Trustwave offices in the U.S. may be required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with the security industry is desirable but not required
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Meet Some of Trustwave's Employees
Rachelle F.Director, Global Client Cyber Success
It's Rachelle's responsibility to oversee Trustwave's services and delivery systems. She heads up the Trustwave Customer Relations Team, keeping the company's clients happy.
Back to top