Software Engineer (C#)
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risks. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs while safely embracing business imperatives including big data, BYOD and social media. More than two million businesses are enrolled in the Trustwave TrustKeeper® cloud platform, through which Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective data protection, risk management and threat intelligence.
Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit www.trustwave.com.
Trustwave, a leader in cloud-based compliance and information security solutions, announces an opening for a Software Engineer to join Trustwave's Product Engineering Team in Chicago.
We are looking for talented, highly motivated candidates with 2+ years of software engineering experience, that are interested in building Security Products for low-latency, high-volume environments.
- Work in small, agile teams to design, prototype and build new product offerings and enhance existing products and tools
- Collaborate with Product Management to identify, prioritize and document detailed product requirements
- Design, develop and document application and framework code in C# and other object-oriented programming languages
- Create robust automated unit/functional test suites and deployment scripts
- Work with internal QA team on system, performance and acceptance testing
- At least 2 years C# development experience using the .NET Framework
- Development experience in C++ and C++/CLI is a big plus
- Experience with WCF and/or SOAP is a big plus
- Experience with various databases such as Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, MySQL, DB2
- Strong understanding of how relational database management systems work
- Strong problem-solving skills: you should be able to take high-level descriptions of problems and implement robust and coherent solutions with minimal supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with XSLT and XML is a plus
- Experience with NUnit are a plus
- Experience with Subversion is a plus
- Must be willing to write documentation for projects being worked on
- Must be willing to write unit tests for code worked on
- Must be willing to have code be peer-review
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Meet Some of Trustwave's Employees
Vice President of Software Engineering
John oversees the product lines that encompass all of TrustWave’s compliance solutions. He also architects solutions for potential future needs and plans release timelines.
Back to top