SOC Threat Hunter - Lead Consultant, IT Security (Governance, Risk & Compliance)
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries.
- Perform intrusion analysis using SIEM technology, packet captures, reports, data visualization, log analysis and pattern analysis.
- Finetune EDR for blocking and reporting based on customer business need
- Assist SOC Analyst by providing next level in-depth analysis
- Conduct pro-active threat hunting and analysis
- Respond to security incidents and perform investigation
- Characterize suspicious binaries and be able identify traits, C2, and develop network and host-based IOCs
- Interact and assist other investigative teams
- Through review and analysis of cyber threats, provide both internal & external parties key information to respond to threat.
- Analyzing data from technical security controls, such as firewalls, IPS/IDS, enterprise AV, network analyzers
- Deploy and maintain EDR sensors and tools
- Identify incident root cause and develop proactive mitigation steps
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to interact with customers
- Keeps current on the current IT threat landscape and upcoming trends in security
- Knowledge on Information security best practices & network security architecture, Cyber Kill chain and MITRE ATT&CK Framework
- Hands-on experience in SOC devices such as SIEM and EDR
- Hands-on working experience with CarbonBlack will be advantage
- Strong knowledge of Linux, Windows system internals.
- Strong knowledge of web applications and APIs
- Demonstrated relevant experience as a key member of a threat intel, incident response, malware analysis, or similar role.
- Strong knowledge of malware families and network attack vectors.
- Knowledge of the TCP/IP networking stack or network IDS technologies
- Experience with IT infrastructure
- Experience with operational security, including security operations center (SOC), incident response, malware analysis, or IDS and IPS analyse
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top