SOC Systems Administrator
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
Trustwave, a developer of network security products and compliance services, announces an opening for a SOC Systems Administrator in the Infrastructure/End User Services team in Manila, Philippines.
- Provide level 1 and level 2 support for users via phone, email, and ticketing system.
- Support of remote users using desktop management tools.
- Troubleshoot & resolve problems with end user equipment & software.
- Support latest Windows/Mac operating systems.
- User account provisioning and maintenance.
- Diagnose and resolve complex application bottleneck issues in both a heavy Windows and Linux server environment (Windows experience is preferred over Linux).
- Administer corporate applications including Active Directory, Exchange, Lync, SharePoint, CommVault, Wiki, Jira, Subversion, Microsoft DFS, Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway and other critical corporate applications.
- Design, implement, install, configure, upgrade, patch, maintain and monitor all physical and virtual machines and products within the VMware vSphere suite.
- Manage capacity and performance for our infrastructure servers. Proactively monitor, test, collect and analyze system statistical data to improve quality and ensure optimal performance.
- Manage incoming help tickets and assign appropriately.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to end user systems, infrastructure and processes.
- Assist with maintaining end-user and infrastructure inventory of equipment.
The ideal candidate has 3+ years of IT support and administration experience with mid to large-sized companies (500+ associates) and has demonstrated experience in:
- Working tickets & user requests from start to finish with a HIGH level of customer service & communication.
- Strong technical background in both PC (Win7/Win10) and Mac (OS X 10.6.x through 10.10.x).
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Office, Outlook, Visio, Project).
- Experience with various hardware including: PCs, Macs, printers, peripherals, smartphones, and A/V equipment.
- Administering user and computer accounts within Active Directory.
- Experience using and troubleshooting VPN for remote connectivity.
- Solid understanding of varying IT software and hardware platforms.
- Experience with remote management solutions: Dell Kace, Bomgar, Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Windows Deployment Services (WDS), etc.
- Administer office telephony equipment and services.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of VMware products including (vCenter Server, ESXi).
- Monitoring VMware server clusters and capacity planning.
- Design, implement, and support all of our Microsoft based applications (including installation, configuration, upgrade, patching, maintenance and monitoring).
- Experience with Linux (CentOS, RedHat).
- Advanced knowledge of server technologies (Windows Server 2008, AD, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Microsoft BackOffice and VPN).
Additional preferred skills:
- Experience with Dell desktop & server hardware
- MTA, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, or A+ certifications
- Understanding of LAN/WAN & networking protocols
- Experience with patching technologies(WSUS), backup technologies (CommVault preferred), Anti-Virus technologies (Sophos preferred)
- VCP certification preferred
- Passionate about customer service and the user experience
- Ability to work with development teams and synthesize infrastructure requirements from application needs
- Ability to successfully balance multiple simultaneous demands & self-adjust to meet shifting priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to occasionally work scheduled night/weekend times, and to participate in off-hours on-call schedule
- Occasional overnight travel to other Trustwave offices may be required
- Familiarity with the security industry is desirable but not required
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top