SOC Manager - MSS
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider focused on threat detection and response. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, consulting and professional services, and data protection technology, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
GSOC Manager job scope
- Takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and overall success of managed services.
- Interface with a variety of customers in a polite, positive, and professional manner.
- Oversees a team of security analysts and engineers.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinates.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies and procedures that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
- Serves as a thought leader in networking and threat landscape.
- Collaborates with management peers on process improvement, documentation and definition for threat prevention devices management and monitoring.
- Adhere to policies, practices, and standards; contributing to procedures along the way. Foster a culture of growth and development within the teams.
GSOC Manager job complexity
- Manages the coordination of activities for the GSOC Operations with responsibility for results.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of business and an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
- Develops and administers schedules and performance requirements.
- Establishes and assures adherence to schedules, work plans and performance requirements.
GSOC Manager Supervision and Interaction
- Frequently interacts with subordinates, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning the team and/or customers.
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- Requires strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented with proved leadership abilities.
- Ability to manage and lead a team of resources dispersed globally.
- Able to actively recognize and reward team members for actions above and beyond.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Desired one or more security certifications covering wide area of security, e.g. CISSP.
- Desired completion of courses relevant to people management.
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top