Senior Technical Security Specialist - CPS
- Canberra, Australia
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. In Australia, Trustwave is comprised of the legacy Hivint team who have joined forces with Trustwave and Optus Cyber Security. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com/en-us/hivint/contact/
Senior Technical Security Specialist
- Career growth - receive mentoring, coaching, and support to progress your career
- $5k and 5 days’ training / continued education allowance per year
- Flexible work arrangements
Everyone's voice matters here. We aren’t looking for passengers, we’re looking for those interested in an opportunity to develop their skills and experience in information security and make a real difference. In short, to work here, you need to give a s*** - after all, it could be your data you're protecting.
In return for your commitment, we will develop you personally and professionally in the company of competent colleagues, and you will have a professional development budget at your disposal each year for just that. We also want to recognise and reward your ongoing efforts and have a range of ways of doing that, from an annual bonus, flexible work arrangements, to cake ceremonies (we love cake) or a special night out. But best of all, we’ll give you a hoodie and are happy for you to dress casually when working in the office.
Please note, due to client requirements, it is mandatory you hold a security clearance or be willing / eligible to obtain a BASELINE clearance (this includes being an Australian citizen).
A bit more about the role
Trustwave is seeking a Senior Penetration Tester to join our team in Canberra. The role requires someone with verifiable hands-on experience in security testing, as well as experience in leading, developing and managing a team of penetration testers. Typical penetration testing engagements at Trustwave include:
- Internal Network Penetration Test
- External Recon / Network Penetration Test
- Web Application Security Assessment
- iOS and Android Mobile Application Security Assessment
- Thick Client Security Assessment
- Wireless Network Penetration Test
- Device Security Assessment
- Hardware Security Assessment
- Server Configuration Review
- Source Code Review
- Red Team
- Physical Security
- Technical Report Writing
A bit more about you
The right candidate will possess a rare mix of technical skills, a willingness to learn, a need be challenged on a daily basis, and an astute attention to detail. You'll possess these skills and attitudes:
- Persistence is your second nature. You are painstakingly persistent.
- You think you're failing in life when you are no longer learning anything new and / or improving and / or challenged.
- You are always looking for the best and most efficient way to do everything in life. You are a 'hacker' in every part of life.
- You enjoy healthy competition but also really appreciate working in a team.
- You have a healthy love / hate relationship with technology.
- You are very serious about your work, and take much pride in everything you produce.
- You know you are not perfect, but your imperfections are what drives you to become an even better tester.
But most of all, you must be passionate about sharing your information security knowledge with everyone around you, particularly your clients, your colleagues and the broader infosec industry – you want to make a change for the better.
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is taking a genuinely innovative and disruptive approach to the information security consulting industry, building the business around our collaboration portal www.securitycolony.com.
We’re a little bit paranoid (but in a good way). Please send through your CV and details in plaintext or PDF format only. Files submitted in any other format will be ignored.
So if you want to be part of something bigger apply letting us know why you want to be part of our journey.
Back to top