Senior Tax Accountant
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
As the Senior Tax Accountant within the Revenue team, you will have a direct impact on the organization through the management of the Sales Tax journey within our Revenue cycles and provide hands-on support as we build complex product offerings and in turn determine the appropriate Sales Tax processes.
This will be a great opportunity to work with the business as a trusted adviser, as you will be working with sales, operations and other members of the finance team. In turn, Trustwave will offer support for continued professional development and mentoring from the wider accounting team who have worked across the globe.
Candidates should be a self-motivated professional, happy to have a hands-on role and you will get involved in a wide range of processes in order to understand them and implement improvements. As a mentor to junior members of the team, you will also be assisting with evaluating and developing team members so they may become stronger professionals within the organization.
Key tasks for this our next team member will include the following:
- Research and collate all required documentation for various State Sales and Use Tax audits.
- Utilize Avalara for preparation and filing of state sales and use tax returns
- Coordinate sales and use tax audits
- Serve as the designated tax liaison for each government jurisdiction
- Coordinate other local and state tax filing requirements
- Maintain Sales Tax Software accounts and tax codes
- Maintain and update Customer Sales Tax exemption certificates via Avalara
- Assist with nexus review and sales tax registration for multiple states
- Sales Tax Payable reconciliations
- Minimum of 5 years of sales tax experience desired with an in-depth knowledge of Sales and Use Tax audits and sales tax return preparation and reporting.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply general state and tax regulations, and return instructions.
- Highly organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Avalara is highly desirable
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Science in Accounting degree is a plus
- CMI Professional Designation in Sales and Use Tax is desirable
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top