Senior Software Test Engineer
- Manila, Philippines
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries.
For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
We are currently looking for a talented, highly motivated Senior Software Test Engineer to grow our Product Engineering Software Quality Assurance and Test Team in Manilla.
The Senior Software Test Engineer leads the test planning, design and execution for security software products ranging from managed security to vulnerability detection products.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive Test Plans
- Develop and maintain detailed Test Cases
- Execution of manual Test Cases
- Execution of Automated Tests
- Experience in functional, integration and acceptance/workflow testing
- Document test results
- Defect creation and tracking
- Works closely with development teams
- Ability to identify and escalate releases in jeopardy
- Ability to understand user stories and turn them into testable scenarios
- Analyze test results to determine if requirements have been met
- Conduct peer reviews of test plans and test cases
- Mentoring test engineers
- Promote existing SDLC process, procedures and/or methodologies
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate has 8+ years of experience in a related role with mid to large-sized companies and has demonstrated the following:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills together with demonstrated technical leadership and mentoring skills.
- Extensive test and troubleshooting experience in a test environment with a demonstrated understanding of product delivery life cycles
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a changing environment
- Experience building Automated Testing frameworks with with Selenium, preferably with Java and TestNG – a plus
- Project Management skills a plus
- Familiarity with JIRA
- Ability to work with distributed teams in a fast paced iterative development process
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize many projects and problems independently, as they arise
- Excellent oral and written communication skills a must
- Willingness to occasionally work scheduled night/weekend times, and to participate in off-hours on-call schedule
- Occasional overnight travel to other Trustwave offices, domestic and international, may be required
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top