Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risks. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs while safely embracing business imperatives including big data, BYOD and social media. More than two million businesses are enrolled in the Trustwave TrustKeeper® cloud platform, through which Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective data protection, risk management and threat intelligence.
Trustwave is a privately held company, headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit www.trustwave.com.
We are currently looking for a talented, highly motivated Senior Software Quality assurance Analyst to grow our Product Engineering QA Team in Waterloo.
The Senior QA Analyst will play a leadership role in the test planning, design and execution for Trustwave’s SIEM and SIEM-related products. Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain comprehensive Test strategies and Plans
- Test plan execution for new releases and patches
- Develop, maintain and execute detailed Test Cases
- Utilize JIRA to ensure completeness and quality
- Documents test results
- Work with technical and business resources to understand requirements
- Analyze test results to determine if requirements have been met
- Assist with project planning
- Conduct peer reviews of test plans and test cases
- Promote testing process, procedures and methodologies
- Provide mentorship to junior team members
- Participate in requirement and specification gathering/reviews
Education and Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills together with demonstrated technical leadership and mentoring skills
- Extensive test and troubleshooting experience in a test environment with a demonstrated understanding of product delivery life cycles
- Automation experience with Selenium and/or RIATest or similar is a plus
- Project Management skills
- BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Quality Assurance or software development
- Familiarity with JIRA, SVN
- A solid understanding of IT security, IT security technologies and products/devices
- Strong familiarity with Linux operating systems, MySQL, Java applications,
- Understanding of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Storm, Kafka
- Knowledge of scripting languages and/or Java
- CISSP, CSSLP, CISA or related certification would be an asset
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize many projects and problems independently, as they arise
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills a must
- Willingness to occasionally work scheduled night/weekend times, and to participate in off-hours on-call schedule
- Occasional overnight travel to other Trustwave offices, domestic and international, may be required
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top