Senior Software Engineer (Java)
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management.
Trustwave is a privately held company, headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
Trustwave is looking for a talented, highly motivated Senior Software Engineer with 5+ years of experience to join its Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) product team in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada.
The Senior Software Engineer will be working with multiple dynamic and creative software engineering teams. This person will take a leadership role in the design, implementation and support of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) software in a Java/Linux environment.
The ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience in developing enterprise level 24x7 high performance multi-tier systems, with different footprints, for very-high-data rate environments.
A minimum undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent, and demonstrable experiences as listed below:
- 5+ years of experience with commercial software product development spanning multiple releases
- 3+ years of Java development for distributed enterprise, cloud or embedded applications - experience in C# and C++ will also be considered
- 2+ years of experience with RDBMS or NoSQL platforms
- 2+ years of experience with Open Source tools and systems such as JBoss, Tomcat, Spring, openSSL, C3P0, ActiveMQ, Apache Felix
- 3+ years of experience developing in a Linux environment
- 1+ years of experience with 'Big Data' environments
Additional preferred skills:
- Experience with very high rate data environments - billions of rows of data per day
- Expertise in the use of networking technologies, socket programming and cryptographic infrastructures
- Low level experience with MySQL, including query optimization
- Experience with MariaDB
- Experience with scripting technologies including Linux shell scripting, Ruby
- Experience with building Domain Specific Languages
- Experience with NoSQL and NewSQL technologies like Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB, TokuDB, infoBright, VoltDB
- Familiarity with Search Tree algorithms
- Experience in tuning software for virtual platforms
- Familiarity with rules engines
- CISSP and/or CISA designations
- Understanding of IT security, IT security technologies and security products/devices (e.g. firewalls, IPS, IDS, OS log events, Syslogs, etc.)
- Deep familiarity with Linux performance tuning
- Leadership experience with small teams
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top