Senior Software Engineer (C++)
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risks. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs while safely embracing business imperatives including big data, BYOD and social media. More than two million businesses are enrolled in the Trustwave TrustKeeper® cloud platform, through which Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective data protection, risk management and threat intelligence.
Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit www.trustwave.com.
Trustwave, a leader in cloud-based compliance and information security solutions, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with 5+ years of experience to join Trustwave's Product Engineering Team in Chicago.
Join the Trustwave Product Engineering Team and contribute to cutting-edge technology helping customers secure their enterprise databases. We are looking for goal-oriented, self-motivated individuals with a strong passion for delivering high quality products. Our large enterprise customers demand that our products meet their stringent quality standards.
Work with a team that delivers commercial multi-platform database monitoring technology across the major commercial relational databases; analyzing SQL statements and reporting on vulnerabilities as well as auditing SQL DCL and DML statements; using XML data-driven engines; interfacing to an enterprise-wide control and reporting module. The product uses a shared code-base and multi-platform frameworks to run on Windows and the major *nix operating systems.
The team delivers a mix of maintenance, enhancements, and new database and operating system support. Agile development techniques are employed. Self-starting individuals requiring minimal supervision are the norm.
- Develop, maintain, and document C++ code on Windows and *nix using Visual Studio and g++
- Develop and maintain unit tests and higher-level integration tests for the software we deliver
Candidate should have the following skills
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience with C++ and debugging tools
- Familiarity with Windows development and development on at least one of Linux, Solaris, HPUX, and AIX
- Strong understanding of how relational database management systems work
- Strong problem-solving skills: you should be able to take high-level descriptions of problems and implement clean technological solutions with minimal supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with one or more of Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, and DB2
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Experience working with version control software, preferably SVN
- Experience working with *nix shell scripts and gmake is a plus
- Experience working with XML and XSLT is a plus
- Experience working with one or more of the ACE framework, boost library, or gsoap is a plus
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Meet Some of Trustwave's Employees
Vice President of Software Engineering
John oversees the product lines that encompass all of TrustWave’s compliance solutions. He also architects solutions for potential future needs and plans release timelines.
Back to top