Senior Sales Engineer
- Tokyo, Japan
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider focused on threat detection and response. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, consulting and professional services, and data protection technology, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com" href="https://www.trustwave.com/">https://www.trustwave.com.
We're looking for a seasoned Senior Sales Engineer to join Trustwave's existing Sales Engineering Team in Tokyo, Japan. The role sits within a global practice and is based within a team of technology and solution advisors with pragmatic experience who speak to the security landscape, architectural models and solutions credibly.
The Senior SE must possess the ability to discuss and present to C-level stakeholders. and have in-depth knowledge and experience in one or more of the following core domains:
- Security Consulting Services
- Managed Security Services
- Incident Response and/or Threat Detection
You'll provide subject matter expertise through delivery of workshops, as a member of pre-sales and consulting engagements, and as leader on solution design and deployment projects.
• Well-versed in solution design methodologies (e.g. Best Practices type of approaches) and possess the ability to generate high quality artifacts such as requirements artifacts, high level and detailed designs and deployment plans.
• Responsible for identifying new client revenue opportunities and obtaining the correct support infrastructure to assist the sales as well as delivering the required results.
• Participate in sales conference calls and prospect visits, providing product demonstrations in person and via WebEx, and working with prospects at both a technical and business level to show how Trustwave’s security solutions can meet their business needs.
• Possess demonstrable skills in customer-centric selling and a proven track record using it to help drive revenue
• Participate as a technical resource at trade shows and conferences
• Work independently and as a vital member of a sales team
• Work with the sales team to strategize on sales approaches to develop the business
• Ensure successful on-site and remote product evaluations (POCs) and post-sale installations when necessary
• Strong communication and presentation skills both in the English and Japanese languages
• The ability to lead teams and be a primary facilitator
• Demonstrated ability to convert complex enterprise requirements to a comprehensive security services solution.
• Ability to lead and shape client expectations
• Help drive pursuits and engage in complex deals, matching outcomes to expectations
• Ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams
• Ability to work in a matrix management model
• Deep Experience in the design and deployment of technology and solutions in at least one of the core domains: Network Security, Endpoint Security, Security Consulting, Incident Response, Threat Detection, and Managed Security solutions.
• An understanding across this breadth of technology domains, understanding the inter-relationships between major components.
• Solid understanding and experience working a structured solution design methodology
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent educational or industry experience
• 5+ years of experience working in a pre-sales capacity related to at least two of the following core domains: Network Security, Endpoint Security, Security Consulting, Incident Response, SIEM, Threat Detection and Managed Security solutions.
• Previous technical enablement or training experience.
• Hands-on experience with Intrusion Detection Systems, Security Information Event Management solutions, packet analysis tools and operating system analysis.
• Familiarity with supporting enterprise information infrastructure (e.g. server, network, AD background) is highly preferred.
• Knowledge of packet flow/TCP/UDP traffic Firewall technologies, proxy technologies, anti-virus, spam and spyware solutions (Gateway and SaaS)
• Basic knowledge in one or more of the following security and compliance/regulatory standards: CIS, ISO 2700x, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, GDPR, PAAI, etc.
• Professional security related qualification (i.e. CISSP, CISM, C|EH, CISM, CISA) will be an advantage.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. When you join Trustwave, you join a unique global family with more than 20 years of history focused on helping you shape and grow your career. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and industry vision that has helped assure our products and services are always on the very forefront of technological development. When you ride the wave, you’ll work with a group of people who share common goals, are driven by a similar passion, and value the expertise of their peers.
Want to know what’s it’s really like to work for us? Check out this link on The Muse:
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top