Senior Sales Engineer (ANZ)
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com
Role & Responsibilities:
The Senior Systems Engineer (Pre-Sales) is responsible for identifying new client revenue opportunities. In addition, the role is responsible for the sales strategy, obtaining the correct support infrastructure to assist the sale as well as delivering the required results. You’ll be technology and solution advisers with pragmatic experience in a particular security domain and you’ll act as solution consultants that can speak to the security landscape, architectural models and solutions credibly; and possess the ability to discuss and present to senior members of a client team. You’ll need in-depth knowledge and experience in one or more of the following core domains - Security Consulting Services, Managed Security Services, Incident Response and/or Threat Detection.
You’ll have the ability to speak to the breadth of the landscape at an introductory level, and provide SME through delivery of workshops, as a member of pre-sales and consulting engagements, and as leader on solution design and deployment projects. Ideally you’ll also be conversant in solution design methodologies (e.g. Best Practices type of approaches) and have the ability to generate high quality artifacts such as requirements, high level and detailed designs and deployment plans.
Core Skills will include:
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- The ability to lead large groups and be a primary facilitator and comfortable working in a project based / client serving model with demonstrated ability to convert complex enterprise requirements to a comprehensive security services solutions
- Ability to lead and shape client expectations and help drive pursuits and engage in complex deals, matching outcomes to expectations
- Ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams and the ability to work in a matrix management model
- Deep Experience in the design and deployment of technology and solutions in at least two of the core domains: Network Security, Endpoint Security, Security Consulting, Incident Response, Threat Detection, and Managed Security solutions.
- An understanding across this breadth of technology domains, understanding the inter-relationships between major components.
- Solid understanding and experience working a structured solution design methodology
Core Responsibilities will include:
Participate in sales conference calls and prospect visits, providing product demonstrations in person and via WebEx, and working with prospects at both a technical and business level to show how Trustwave’s security solutions can meet their business needs.
- Possess demonstrable skills in customer-centric selling and a proven track record using it to help drive revenue
- Participate as a technical resource at trade shows and conferences
- Work independently and as a vital member of a sales team and collaborate with the sales team to strategize on sales approaches to develop business
- Ensure successful on-site and remote product evaluations (POCs) and post-sale installations when necessary
- 5+ years experience working in a pre-sales capacity related to at least two of the following core domains: Network Security, Endpoint Security, Security Consulting, Incident Response, SIEM, Threat Detection and Managed Security solutions
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner. Set and manage expectations with senior stake-holders and team members
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, from Mid-Management to C-Level
- Hands-on technical understanding of incident response, computer forensics, network, endpoint and/or application security
- 5 years experience in consulting or sales engineering managing technical customer relationships
- Readiness to travel 20% annually
- English: Fluent
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent educational or industry experience
- Hands-on experience with Intrusion Detection Systems, Security Information Event Management solutions, packet analysis tools and operating system analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of security solutions and technologies, including:
- Linux, Network architecture/implementation/configuration experience
- Knowledge of packet flow/TCP/UDP traffic Firewall technologies, proxy technologies, anti-virus, spam and spyware solutions (Gateway and SaaS)
- Malware/security experience
- Understand and be conversant about Trustwave competitor landscape
- Basic knowledge in one or more of the following security and compliance/regulatory standards: CIS, ISO 2700x, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, GDPR, PIPEDA, HK PDPO, EU DPD, BDSG, DISA-STIG,etc.
- Verifiable and current certifications, including CISSP, CISM, C|EH, CISM and/or CISA.
Why join us?
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. When you join Trustwave, you join a unique global family with more than 20 years of history focused on helping you shape and grow your career. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and industry vision that has helped assure our products and services are always on the very forefront of technological development. When you ride the wave, you’ll work with a group of people who share common goals, are driven by a similar passion, and value the expertise of their peers. Interested in joining our team? Know someone who might be? Apply online now.
Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and, in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top