Senior Product Manager- Email Security
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
The Senior Product Manager, Email Security is responsible for overall product and business planning for the Trustwave Email Security product line. Trustwave offers a range of email security offerings specifically targeted for the mid to large enterprise market. The Product Manager is the internal expert for the market including market definition, sizing and segmentation, detailed knowledge of the competitive landscape, and intimate understanding of how customers evaluate and purchase managed security and compliance services. The Product Manager will drive the product and services strategy and requirements for his/her solution domain(s) and will develop the business plan for global penetration and success of the offerings. The Senior Product Manager will work with Product Marketing to identify market requirements and to create go-to-market strategies for business success. Additionally, the Product Manager will identify and document product/service requirements that extend Trustwave’s leadership position for managed security products and services in the enterprise market. The Product Manager will work directly with engineering, sales and customers to execute on the product strategy and will have P&L responsibility for the program success. The Product Manager reports to the Director of Product Management for Enterprise Products. Responsibilities:
Product and Market Requirements
- Identify and document product and market requirements for Trustwave Email Security Solutions.
- Meet directly with customers, new prospects, analysts, partners, and sales staff to gain market insights and evangelize the company's Email Security solutions.
- Champion a customer-centric approach to product and services definition and development.
- Work with Engineering to develop and maintain compelling product roadmaps that deliver on business requirements
- Participate in an Agile product development environment as a Product Owner when required:
- Define and elaborate high quality feature requirements
- Participate in pertinent Agile ceremonies (release/sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, etc.) as required
- Identify key growth opportunities for Trustwave offerings and work with Product Marketing and Sales to ensure successful execution.
- Co-author the Market Requirements Document (MRD) with the Product Marketing Manager for identifying growth strategies.
- Lead and be an active participant in execution of go-to-market and launch activities for offerings.
- Operate the business as a P&L owner, maximizing revenue opportunity while managing cost and bottom line results.
- 5+ years of product management experience in the enterprise security software market managing enterprise-class offerings globally in a fast paced, high-growth environment.
- Product P&L responsibility and management experience.
- Experience with Email Security as a customer or Product Manager with a leading vendor in the space.
- Experience in Cloud/SaaS and/or managed security services is highly desirable.
- Experience in customer-centric requirements gathering and Agile product development
- Working knowledge of technology components of information security (e.g., security information and event systems; vulnerability, Web, and application scanners; data loss prevention systems).
- Excellent presentation and communications skills, to both internal and external stakeholders, both oral and written, highly skilled in multiple forms of web content.
- Possess a blend of business, marketing and sales acumen;
- Highly organized, self-directed business style, with strong ability to prioritize.
- Must work well in a team, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent people skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third-parties.
- Highly self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Team player with strong sense of urgency.
- Flexible and willing to do "what it takes" to help the company getting the job done.
- High energy and enthusiasm-eager to engage with customers and evangelize the company's offering.
- Periodic overnight travel (30%+) on sales calls, to other Trustwave offices, domestic and international, is required.
Education Bachelor's degree preferred; MBA a plus. We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top