Senior Manager, Revenue
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
As the Senior Manager in the Revenue team, you will have a direct impact on the organization through the management of the Sales & Revenue journey, and provide hands-on support as we build complex product offerings and in turn determine the appropriate revenue recognition.
As a business advisor, team leader and individual contributor, you will work with sales, operations and other members of the finance team as the key advisor on revenue recognition matters. You will manage the Company’s revenue accounting policies and procedures to ensure they are effective and efficient. As a senior member of the team, you will ensure that the Company’s revenue recognition accounting positions are properly documented and in accordance with the applicable U.S. GAAP revenue guidance.
Trustwave is looking for a self-motivated professional accountant to join our growing team. It is a hands-on role that will see you getting involved in a wide range of processes in order to understand them and implement improvements. As a leader & mentor to the group, you will also be responsible for evaluating and developing team members so they may become stronger professionals within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and actively work with, in a hands on manner, the revenue accounting undertaken by the team.
- Provide technical revenue recognition leadership, analysis, and support on the appropriate application of U.S. GAAP to Corporate finance and business personnel.
- Perform revenue recognition technical accounting research and create and document the Company’s revenue positions and revenue recognition policy.
- Lead assessments of revenue recognition and other accounting implications of proposed and executed transactions.
- Create and document the Company’s revenue recognition policy for new products and services.
- Drive the development of the project plan to implement the new revenue recognition standards and monitor any other SEC and FASB developments related to revenue recognition.
- Perform sensitivity analysis as to how new developments may impact the current business and financial results.
- Lead the assessment of best-practice revenue recognition software & processes in the tech industry.
- Lead the implementation of our future revenue recognition software projects.
- Design, document, manage, and execute key controls for revenue recognition.
- Manage and ensure accurate and timely monthly and quarterly accounting close of revenue related accounts.
- Prepare financial statement footnotes and disclosures related to revenue.
- Field and resolve inquiries from management and external auditors.
- Continuously monitor the Company’s processes, identify and implement process improvements that generate efficiencies and improve the customer experience.
- Work on ad hoc projects as assigned by the Directors.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting & a CPA is required .
- Minimum of 5+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience.
- Experience with a Big 4 or other national accounting firm with direct audit experience auditing and providing advice to clients on customer software and multiple element revenue arrangement accounting.
- Strong technical accounting background with 5+ years of experience applying US GAAP revenue recognition accounting.
- Experience with revenue accounting software is helpful.
- Experience working in or with a fast growth high-tech international business.
- Private and public company experience preferred.
- Proven ability and desire to work effectively, delivering accurate results under tight deadlines, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, dynamic environment.
- Must be “hands on” and a proven and effective leader that garners trust and loyalty.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top