Senior Cyber Security Researcher (Firmware)
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries
We are looking for a versatile Senior Cyber Security Researcher with reverse engineering skills to join our research team. This researcher is part of a team that works on both greenfield projects as well as existing products and services. We are a team that actively promotes collaboration and autonomy. Successful candidates will be working in a fast-paced environment where he/she can his/her expertise while developing new ones.
- Perform in-depth research in the area of malicious software, vulnerabilities and exploitation tactics in embedded systems and real time operating systems.
- Conduct reverse-engineering on known and suspected exploitation files.
- Evaluate and augment extraction tools, fuzzing tools, and firmware static and dynamic analysis tools to support research and security testing.
- Identify detection rules and correlation rules if needed
- Publish contents of research
- Curious and self-motivated independent learner, who enjoy sharing knowledge with other members of the team
- Degree in Computer Science with strong knowledge on architecture or equivalent experience.
- At least 8 years of experience in reverse engineering
- Strong understanding of attacker methodologies and exploitation techniques
- Demonstrated experience of working on embedded systems
- Demonstrated experience working with IDA-Pro etc.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.To All Agencies
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top